Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Data Center Designer or Data Center Project Architect to join its design team in Herndon, Virginia.
AWS designs, builds, and operates Data Centers (DC) in 20 geographic regions around the world and is one of the fastest growing enterprise tech companies ever. AWS DCs are a leader in worldwide cloud-computing infrastructure.
Architects at AWS work to design resilient, cost effective DC facilities. We are responsible for achieving a world class uptime for our customers and drive to develop a fleet of buildings emphasizing security, safety, efficiency, and cost effectiveness, while finding new ways to meet AWS's growing demand.
As a DC Project Architect at AWS, you will lead designs for the Civil, Structural, and Architectural disciplines for Amazon DCs in our Americas Region and impact other projects around the world. As a DC Project Architect, you will be part of a highly creative and efficient design team comprised of Architects, Engineers, and Designers tasked with solving problems and challenging the status quo. As a subject matter expert, you will have a direct impact on the design of prototypical DC facilities, provide technical guidance, solve large scale implementation issues, and build a strong understanding of international architectural, civil, and structural design requirements.
* Communicate conceptual designs and create/maintain project documentation before, during, and after construction.
* Maintenance of Basis of Design, prototype design, and template specifications for architectural elements.
* Create, review, and release civil/structural/architectural design RFPs.
* Manage our external civil/structural/architectural design consultants through the design and construction process.
* Coordinate with internal and external MEP design engineers.
* Effectively communicate design standards to internal and external project partners.
* Manage multiple fast paced projects simultaneously.
* Think outside of the box to find innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs without negative impacts on quality or reliability.
* Travel for site assessments, internal design meetings, construction review, and interfacing with design consultants. Anticipated travel not to exceed 25%.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.