POSITION: Data Center Design Engineer
LOCATION: Position to train in NYC and then to be located in SF
Primary responsibilities include record maintenance for all assigned facilities; Assign customer's space and power; Issue Work Orders to instruct facility technician on task to be performed and for project tracking; Create Project Bill of Materials for customer installations, cable ties capacity augments and facility expansion projects. Assist sales with customer's technical requests; Aid operations with testing and activation of new products and services.
* /B.T. College degree related to technology, electrical or mechanical.
* Minimum 2 years' experience in telecommunications environment.
* Minimum of 2 years of engineering and planning experience.
* Must be detail oriented with excellent communications, interpersonal and oral/written presentation skills.
* Advanced skills with ACAD.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Explorer, Visio) and or/equivalents.
* Proven organizational ability and attention to detail is a must.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Must be a self-starter, proactive, flexible, and able to work within deadlines.
* Experience working in a Data Center or Colocation environment.
* Work in central office environment with hands-on experience.
* Create and updated facility floor plans using ACAD.
* Update space, power and cross connect databases.
* Maintenance of monthly facility capacity reports for space, power and cross connects.
* Assignments of new customer racks, cabinets, cages, panels and conduits.
* Creation of engineering packages for the installations of ladder rack, fiber raceway, cable ties, power and grounding.
* Creation of engineering packages for space and connectivity assignments.
* Preparation of the Project Bill of Materials for all installation projects.
* Creation of Work Orders to instruct facility technicians on task to be performed and to track installation projects and sub-Contractor's work.
* Assist sales team with customer's technical requests and support operations.
* Visitation to multiple DLR sites throughout the work year.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day-above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
Job Location San Francisco, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty provides customized data analysis solutions to businesses such as financial services, IT and internet enterprises.