Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliablility of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requisitions. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. May play a team leader role for developing System Administrators.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The shift toward the consumption of IT as a service (cloud) is one of the most important changes to happen to our industry in decades. The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure team is focused on moving technology from on-premise to an as-a-service model and to help our clients transform themselves to take full advantage of cloud technology. With unmatched hardware and software design, no other company is as well positioned to address the full opportunity of cloud computing.
The Global Data Center Build Engineering Team designs and builds physical data center infrastructure to create capacity that supports Oracle Cloud Infrastructure in different regions around the world. This is an area that we need strong expertise in data center design, data center facilities (i.e.; power, cooling), structured cabling, and vendor management with a history of building and or supporting physical data center infrastructure. The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure team is looking for a Regional Data Center Build Engineer to join our team, someone who innovates & shares our passion for winning in the cloud marketplace. You will work closely with the data center, development organization and Oracle vendors to build out, maintain and operationally improve the cloud infrastructure.
* Coordinate implementation and support efforts for new and existing Oracle data center * Onsite vendor management to deliver build out of data center infrastructure * Create and maintain documentation relating to cabling and build standards for data center infrastructure * Review Bill Of Materials to determine project scope of work * Creation of project scope of work * Participate in vendor bidding and selection process
* Design and implement innovative structured cabling solutions for new data center builds and expansions
* Manage multiple concurrent projects * Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes * Work closely with our Program Management team to ensure project deliverables are met and a good customer experience is provided * Collaborate with key project stakeholders * Participate in vendor quarterly business reviews * Troubleshoot cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords * Assist in creating global data center cabling and infrastructure standards
* Knowledge of network cabling, fiber optic types, and transceiver types * Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies * Ability to work under pressure and deadlines * Strong track record of successful vendor management across multiple vendors in various locations * Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies * Experience using test equipment such as VFL, power meter, and OTD * Ability to perform strategy planning * Thorough understanding of Cat 5, Cat 6 and OM1 - OS2 fiber optic cabling systems * Understanding of Industrial/commercial electrical one lines * Knowledge of Data Center/Critical environment Electrical Infrastructure * Knowledge of Colocation Data Center/Critical environment Mechanical Infrastructure * Experience in BMS/EPMS control systems and data collection/trending * Experience in Vendor management
* Experience in development of RFI/RFQ/RFPs for carrying vendor quoting
* Ability to read and comprehending design documents and building documentation 1-line drawings
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.