Led by some of the most innovative, experienced people in the business, FreeWheel Advertisers powers over 1,200 media buying agencies and advertisers, processing more than $50bn per year. Over 7,500 media buyers in the U.S. and Europe rely on us to effectively manage their business. Through a scalable, global platform and open architecture, we offer a flexible system to support all media types in a rapidly changing landscape. As part of FreeWheel, a Comcast Company, we power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces that allow buyers and sellers to transact across all screens, across all data types and all sales channels.
FreeWheel Advertisers is looking for a talented Data/Business Intelligence Engineer to join a dynamic team driving the future success of our media platforms for agencies & marketers.
When joining us as a Data/BI Engineer, you'll join our growing Data/BI team, under the leadership of our Data Architect. You'll be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of a productized, large scale data warehouse, the data pipelines leading into it, and the associated client dashboards used for reporting and analysis.
This is a hands-on development role that will involve system design, documentation, and database/cube/dashboard development and including supporting current data warehouse loading ETL process. This role requires performance related troubleshooting and solution implementation.
We are fundamentally looking for bright, enthusiastic problem solvers. People who love a challenge, constantly evaluate and question, and above all, love to ship a product that solves real problems.
Successful candidates for this position will possess senior-level software engineering skills, data mining/modeling skills and a strong facility with OLTP and OLAP database design. The Data/BI Engineer needs to be able to work with a range of technologies including Windows applications and services, websites and web APIs, XML schemas, relational databases, and specific technologies including:
* Database Systems: SQL Server 2014/2016/2017/Azure
* BI Tools: MS Business Intelligence (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS especially for building and troubleshooting OLAP Cubes)
* Operating Systems: Windows Server 2016+
* Languages: C#, XML, MDX, SQL
The Data/BI Engineer will participate in the development and testing process for the team's projects.
Responsibilities also include employing a disciplined development process and proper documentation of all completed work. Specific requirements include:
* Expertise in ETL design and development to consolidate, normalize, and load the data from legacy data systems including SQL Server, web APIs, XML, Excel, flat files, etc.
* Experienced in Multi-Dimensional Data Warehouse design and development, creating tables, procedures, and views to remodel the transactional data to the data warehouse
* Highly proficient in SSAS OLAP database design and development including ongoing maintenance and support of existing solutions
* Experience with data visualizations using browser-based options (D3, Chart.js, etc.) and commercial systems (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
* Experience with data loading and archival on large data sets (1TB or greater), and/or changes of 10m+ records/day. Knowledge of immutable data stores is a plus
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
* A Bachelor's degree plus 5-8 years of experience in Software Development
* 3+ years in OLTP/OLAP database construction, Relational/Multi-Dimensional Data Warehouse design, and Business Intelligence development
* Good analytical abilities, attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills
As well as working in a fun, friendly and focused environment that is challenging and rewarding on a daily basis, you will also get:
* Health/Rx/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Virtual Doctor Visits
* Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
* Paid Family Leave
* Wellness Programs
* 401(k) match up to 6%
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
* Health & Dependent Care FSA
* Commuter Benefits
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Comcast Courtesy Services within the Comcast footprint
* Free beverages, snacks, coffee, game room, as well as social and community events;
* Access to training platforms such as Pluralsight, Lynda.com and career development programs
* Assemble a team and participate in our Innovation days, where everyone is given free rein to build something that will awe the entire company;
* And many more!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer