A career in our Tax Reporting and Strategy practice, within Innovation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients' tax departments redesign, redefine, and redeploy tax to be a strategic asset across the enterprise. You'll focus on assisting clients incorporate increased automation in the tax reporting process, increase analytic capabilities through data integration, and create solid internal controls that will enable the Tax function to deliver better quality output and contribute more strategically to organisational decision making. Our team helps our clients expand the tax role to include research, analytics, and technologies to improve how their organisation collaborates and performs. You'll focus on enhancing the tax reporting process by incorporating increased automation, integrating quality data, developing analytic capabilities, and utilising technology to deliver better quality output in less time.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above * Be involved in the financial management of clients * Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients * Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen * Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges * Assist in the management and delivering of large projects * Train, coach, and supervise staff * Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues * Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
We're leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients' needs.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
At least one of the following: CPA, EA, Admission to the Bar, Professional Certification in Project Management (PMP), Six Sigma Black Belt/Lean Black Belt/Master Black Belt, Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP), SAP Certified Professional, Oracle Certified Professional, PhD in Computer Science/Information Science or STEM equivalent, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA), Certified Software Tester (CSTE), UX Certificate - Nielson Norman Group, Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) or equivalent institutional Data Science program, Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Studies, Information Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems
Demonstrates extensive-level, knowledge success with managing the identification and addressing of client needs in the following areas:
* Delivery of large scale business/technology projects; * Tax organizational design, process improvement, controls, risk management, tax strategy and implementation of software products; * Data ingestion technologies (Alteryx, Azure Data Factory, Trifacta, SSIS, etc.); and * Data visualization/analytics tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc.)
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
* Utilizing excellent communication, facilitation, and influencing skills in all aspects of assigned project areas * Balancing strategic thinking with pragmatism * Incorporating analytical and logical skills coupled with creative and technical problem-solving skills in day to day assigned project areas * Being action oriented and organized with a focus on conflict resolution, consensus building and negotiation * Leading teams to generate a vision, establishing direction and motivating members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views, coaching staff and encouraging improvement and innovation * Utilizing effective written and verbal business communication within a professional business services environment, including interacting with clients and firm staff and/or management.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
* Tax technology implementations, including selection of software packages, assessments of processes and data flows, tax systems implementation and configuration and digital tax transformation and tax-related data analytics
Demonstrates extensive-level, abilities success with managing the identification and addressing of client needs by developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, utilizing negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection.
Demonstrates success as tax technical business advisor, including developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset. Preferred familiarity with a CRM system.
Demonstrates knowledge of automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
* Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions * Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients * Utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements
Knowledge of alternative fee arrangements, including the use of pricing tools, to provide a point of view on pricing strategies.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) is a global provider of auditing, accounting, and assurance services for organizations and individuals.