T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network and the quality of our service are meant to do one thing; help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That's why we're here.
Data Architects are part of the Enterprise Data Solutions (EDS) IT team. This role is critical in development of an Integrated Data Warehouse (IDW) and Data Marts to support T-Mobile's digital transformation. Develop a strong understanding of enterprise data and promote T-Mobile's data driven culture by working with development teams and business users through enterprise projects. The EDS team supports various business areas in achieving business results including Finance, Marketing, Digital, and Supply Chain.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPosition Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with business teams and technical analysts to understand business requirements.
* Standardize and perform data profiling procedures using SQL or industry standard data profiling products including Ataccama.
* Apply ands-on experience in designing Data Warehouse models on RDBMS including Teradata, Oracle, with ability to write complex SQL to perform data analysis.
* As part of data profiling, perform and document source and target data analysis for data completeness, uniqueness, range, value distribution and pattern analysis.
* Architect, design and build enterprise class relational and dimensional data models, including Data Warehouse, using tools including SAP PowerDesigner, ERWIN.
* Apply experience with data warehousing lifecycle components (data acquisition, ETL, data modeling, infrastructure, profiling and reporting.
* Apply experience with UML documentation of various business process and modeling to build Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, ER diagrams, Dimensional Data models, Context Models, Event Modeling, State Modeling, Process decomposition, and Use Case Scenarios.
* Apply design and development experience with ETL tools including Informatica, BTEQ.
* Apply design experience on Hadoop.
* Apply experience architecting BI/data systems, including formal processes and methodologies for BI solutions.
* Conduct industry research & trends for setting the direction of Information Architecture.
* Stay abreast of information management trends and standards, master data management, data services, self-service business intelligence, metadata management, data quality, and data governance.
* Serve as a technical resource for business teams to help define and propose solutions for business opportunities.
* Architect, design and build the data architecture layer (LDM/PDM/ETL design/Guidelines/Industry models) to drive solutions that will be implemented by the development team.
* Prepare visual diagrams of system architecture, functionality, and process flows.
* Develop proofs-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems.
* Work with development, infrastructure, test, and production support teams.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.