AMAG is a pharmaceutical company focused on bringing innovative products to patients with unmet medical needs. The company does this by leveraging its development and commercial expertise to invest in and grow its pharmaceutical products across a range of therapeutic areas, including women's health.
Headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, we have the infrastructure of an established company with the soul of a start-up and a culture that values independent thinking. Every day the people at AMAG aim higher, devoting our passion and perseverance to finding new and better ways to support the health of patients and families. Whether we are developing and bringing to market innovative treatment options, driving condition awareness or providing educational and adherence tools, we always ask the question "How can we help even more people who are suffering from this medical condition?"
AMAG's core values -- accountable, collaborative, transparent, sense of urgency, and results focused -- provide an important framework for who we are and how we operate. Where others see challenge we see opportunity, combining our perseverance and expertise to overcome any obstacles that stand in the way of advancing the health and well-being of those we serve.
AMAG has a two-pronged approach to bringing innovative solutions to patients with unmet medical needs:
* Investing in the development of our clinical programs and the growth of our current commercial products
* Building our product portfolio through collaboration, partnership and acquisition
We have a diverse and growing portfolio of products that span a variety of therapeutic areas.
The Data Architect Manager will be responsible for defining the Information Architecture foundation, Master Data Management process and service model across the enterprise as well as consolidation of the Business Intelligence solutions and methods. She/he will have key role in the Enterprise Data Integration Roadmap and implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Design, develop and implement a corporate wide data strategy with Data governance.
* Conduct source system analysis, and data profiling for lifecycle management.
* Define requirements for data matching and merging rules, survivorship criteria and data stewardship workflows that can be
deployed in the MDM tool.
* Collaborate with the Commercial, G&A, Security and Enterprise Architecture teams to develop and deliver Commercial, Enterprise Data Warehouse and MDM solutions.
* Assist with data mappings, data modeling, data profiling, query design, data flow design, data strategy and data governance
etc. between multiple databases across multiple platforms.
* Participate in capacity planning, deployment, automation and performance management of key applications
* Participate in management and automation of server configuration and application deployment for our custom applications
* Create functional specifications (detailed design) for system and configuration changes due to application modifications
* Develops and maintains the comprehensive systems architectures, frameworks and application interface documentation
* Works with senior Technology staff and management to develop and maintain company technical processes and standards
* Reviews and approves technical designs for conformance to standards and architectural requirements
* Must be able to perform under tight timeframes and execute problem solving skills
* Identifies and understands the key drivers that impact the business
* Performs business and technical requirements analysis and review
* Executes risk assessment utilizing established methodologies
* Develops relevant, repeatable criteria for assessing future risks and problems
* Develops appropriate metrics to measure total system performance
* Applies an understanding of the key vulnerabilities related to data transfer between internal/external systems to maximize data
security and integrity
* Ensure that software development meets the highest standards and follows best practices and approaches to application
requirements, design, development, testing, and deployment.
* Maintains a positive and charismatic approach while embracing our corporate values and always striving
* 8+ years of progressively responsible, post-baccalaureate experience in Business Intelligence or Data Management, Enterprise Integration architecting and implementing enterprise data and analytic solutions
* 6+ years of experience participating in or leading Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence implementation teams, managing project scope, and providing technical leadership.
* 6+ years of experience with database design, from conceptualization to database optimization, using common cloud and on-prem platforms, such as AWS Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, BigQuery,SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle, etc.
* Deep experience or knowledge in foundational information management arenas, such as Master Data Management, Data Governance, Modern Data Architecture, and Data Integration Experience in Data Architecture/Modeling, ETL, Data Quality and MDM tools, Data Quality Services, and Master Data Services
* Experience in architecting and implementing emerging technologies/tools, such as AWS, Hadoop,TIBCO, Cloudera, and/or Hortonworks, to address predictive analytics and unstructured data use cases
* Experience in designing and implementing Next Generation Architecture solutions incorporating Big Data, NoSQL, Cloud-Based Analytics, and Real-Time Analytics
* Experience in working with large volumes of data from disparate data sources across complex business processes and functions.
* Energetic, self-motivated candidate with high productivity, creative problem solving skills, and the ability to multitask,
prioritize, and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
* Highly-developed people skills with a focus on mentoring and providing strong leadership to team members along with specific supervisory experience.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with
team members, internal customers, high-level staff and external vendors, strong customer service orientation, good writing skills, ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences.
About AMAG Pharmaceuticals
AMAG is a biopharmaceutical company focused on bringing therapeutics to market that provide clear benefits and help improve people’s lives.