Unlock Your Career Potential: Technology at ADP. Do you enjoy exploring, identifying and inspiring the future of the workplace and the lives of millions of people? At ADP, the world's largest B2B cloud company, our Technology team is comprised of brilliant engineers, architects, data scientists, infrastructure experts, and more. We were first in our industry to offer a SaaS solution and continue to push the envelope utilizing the latest operating platforms to deliver the highly automated, intelligent and predictive solutions that are redefining what is possible. Named one of Forbes' "Most Innovative Companies" and one of Computerworld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT", we are committed to leading the way in product development and research, empowering you to bring to life the latest innovations that will forever change the way businesses manage their most vital asset, employees.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
Integration Architect / API Governance Architect
Available Work Locations: Roseland, NJ -- Alpharetta, GA - Pasadena CA.
At ADP our APIs play a critical role in our overall architecture. We are looking for a smart, experienced, and self-motivated API Architect/Engineer to join ADP's Enterprise Architecture Team. In this capacity, you will build RESTful API's for ADP's Applications. This includes our mobile offerings, web based client products, and our B2B offerings. You will work with other API Architect/Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, App developers, and Back-end Engineers/Architects to help deliver enhanced user experiences through your expertise in API development.
* Development of RESTful APIs as the standard contract for system interactions.
* Mastery of object oriented design and design patterns.
* Strong awareness of current web developer APIs and standards.
* React quickly to emerging customer requirements and technologies. Ability to anticipate future needs and design with reusability in mind.
* Analyze business and technical requirements and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts, Technical Consultants, Solution Architects and Developers to drive the design and development process.
* Elaborate User Stories.
* Develop UML class models (i.e. logical models).
* Definition of business rules.
* Document data capture, storage, and manipulation requirements.
* Specify data currency, accuracy and precision, retention, and security requirements.
* Model System Interactions
* Specify appropriate Integration patterns for the given use story.
* Conduct stakeholder reviews on all data architecture deliverables.
* Mediate between project stakeholders.
* Apply reverse engineering techniques to understand and document existing data stores.
* Ensure quality in the production of data assets.
* Assist in development of overall project plans and timetables, analysis and identification of intermediate deliverables.
* Work with the ongoing support teams as needed to resolve production defects.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
* 10+ years of IT experience with 5+ years of hands-on experience in solution/integration/data architecture.
* Hands-on experience designing RESTful APIs including best practices in its design with XML and JSON.
* Knowledge of industry proven Web service interaction patterns.
* Experience developing JSON and XML schemas.
* Strong Data Modeling experience from Conceptual, logical, and physical designs using UML.
* Demonstrated ability in capturing business requirements, design of data driven systems including analysis, understanding technical specification, feasibility study, and level of effort estimations.
* Experience with other APIs (e.g.: Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc) is desirable.
* Hands-on experience in security standards such as OAuth is desirable.
* Hands-on experience in configuration and connectivity with data sources such as SQL databases and LDAP.
* Strong relational Data Base knowledge/experience (e.g. Oracle/DB2 database) is desirable.
* Experience in writing complex SQL queries, PL/SQL programs, procedures, functions and packages is desirable.
* Knowledge of Industry standards such as HR-XML, OAGIS is desirable.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
* Effective presentation skills are a must.
* Experience with Agile development is desirable.
* An ability to listen, to communicate, to influence -- a desire to work with other smart innovators.
* The ability to self-manage one's own time, work one's own deliverables and be mentored by some really great people.
* Leadership: not only at the management level, but at the individual level -- having the confidence and resilience to take risks -- be self empowered
* Communication: understand and express ideas/solutions in a comprehensive and practical format -- knowledge sharing
* User Focus: an absolute focus on the user (internal or external) experience -- every aspect of a solution should be productized for ease of use
* Improvisation: the ability to think across disciplines and existing boundaries (technologies/business/geographies) - lateral thinking
* Collaboration: teamwork with a positive approach to ambiguity
* Research: an inclination to continuous research inside and outside the current focus fields
* Influence by example: scientific proof of an idea (success or failure) as the presentation tool -- represent an idea in order to promote it
* Technical Knowledge: broad and deep technical knowledge with a strong focus on data/objects and API/contracts
* Abstract Thinking: view of ideas and solutions as abstractions/patterns that can be leveraged/adapted/reused -- deliver frameworks instead of point solutions
* Passion: A need to be "passionate" about producing exceptional solutions in a collaborative environment (eg, Agile methodology preferred). Must always be curious and excited to try new technologies.
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
ADP (Automatic Data Processing) is a company providing business process outsourcing services.