At Cognizant, we believe those who challenge the way they work today will lead the way tomorrow. In the modern digital economy, our clients are looking to differentiate their businesses and seize the enormous growth opportunities that digital makes possible. At Cognizant we help them do just this. We engage clients in envisioning and building creative products and experiences, delivered through a powerful digital-ready IT backbone. And we're hiring for various roles. If you are passionate and driven about being involved in shaping next generation digital solutions, give us a shout.
Title - Azure Data Architect
Location - San Francisco, CA
Travel - Zero travel involved, with work being done onsite.
Project - Data Warehouse Reconstruction/Debugging Project with Azure Cloud Solution
Requirements & Responsibilities
* Technical Skills * Experienced in ADF, Databricks, uSQL and Polybase
* Experienced in Azure Data Factory
* Experienced in Azure Data Lake
* Experienced in Power BI
* Experienced in Stream Analytics
* Experienced in the security aspects of coding in Azure platform
* Experienced in Data Modeling
* Experienced in Relational Data Bases
* Experienced in integration between on premise and Azure
* Experienced in Data Adapters in Azure
* Experienced in data based Azure Data Ingestion Need to understand various options of Data Ingestion
* Experienced in understand ETL concepts and Data Cleansing techniques
* Experienced in Debugging and Business Intelligence reporting
* Innovation and Thought Leadership * Participate in external forums (seminars, paper presentation etc.) to showcase Cognizant capabilities and insights.
* Interact and engage with customers/ partners around new innovative ideas, concepts, and assets, as well as industry trends and implications.
* Participate in Beta testing of products / joint lab setup with customer to explore application of new technologies / products.
* Identify areas where components/accelerators or design patterns could be reused across different accounts.
* Create documents, reports, white papers (international/national) on the research findings.
* Technology Consulting.
* Define Problem statement for the customer.
* Analyze application/ technology landscape, process, tools and arrive at the solution options best fit for the client.
* Analyze Cost Vs Benefits of solution options.
* Define the technology/ architecture roadmap for the client.
* Articulate the cost vs benefits of options to key stakeholders in customer.
* Project Control and Review. * Perform architecture design review.
* Identify opportunities for optimization of cost / time / asset utilization in complex projects and advise relevant teams accordingly where possible.
* Provide advice to teams facing complex technical issues in the course of project delivery.
* Conduct planned and unplanned technical audits for complex projects as applicable.
* Define and measure project /program specific architectural and technology quality metrics.
* Review outputs to ensure NFRs are met.
* People Management. * Provide support to various project managers in identification of training needs of their subordinates.
* Conduct training / certifications with the help of academy and mentoring with respect to technical skills on projects.
* Support technical evaluation of external and internal candidates to meet project requirements.
* Perform career guidance and performance management for team members.
* New Service Design. * Identify potential opportunities for new service offerings based on customer voice/ partner inputs / industry connects and trends.
* Support the development of business case for investments for approval from senior management.
* Work with partners to develop a joint GTM (as applicable).
* Develop IP/tools and framework to address the opportunity technically.
* Conduct beta testing / POC as applicable.
* Develop collaterals, guides for GTM.
* Solution Definition & Design. * Ensure alignment of the high-level architecture with the existing client need and business logic / review design prepared by architects.
* Ensure the involvement of right teams in solution design.
* Ensure technical integrate ability, requirements compliance of the solution, especially in case of a multi group / multi-vendor program.
* Involve external partners / horizontals as appropriate.
* Provide guidance to solution architect around usage of patterns/anti patterns in the solution.
* Ensure CTS architecture principles and QOA (Quality of Architecture) are maintained.
* Analyze tradeoffs and provide recommendations, if any, on the solution architecture.
* Identify opportunities for efficiency improvements (e.g., automation), risk reduction in the transformation process.
* Understand the various work streams and the technologies necessary to deliver on large programs.
* Resolve any issues based on industry expertise / partners leverage.
* Provide best in class technology and solution options to customers with detailed examples and case studies.
* Guide customer on process and technology improvements to achieve agility and quick results.
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to craft meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.