Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: 6 months to 12 months contract
The Data Architect should understand the system development life cycle; software project management approaches; and requirements, design and test techniques. The data architect would be asked to conceptualize and influence application and interface projects, and therefore must understand what advice to give and where to plug in to steer toward desirable outcomes. Modelling and database design will be the core skillset of the data architect
Essential Job Functions
* Depth in data modelling and database design
* Ability to conceive and portray the big data picture
* Maps the systems and interfaces used to manage data sets, set standards for data management
* Analyzes current state and conceives desired future state, and conceives projects needed to close the gap between current and future goals.
* Ability to astutely operate in the organization, and being able to emphasize methodology, modelling and governance.
* Ability to work closely with the users, systems designers and the developers on a project both in Agile & SDQL methodology
* Need to be able to have an end-to-end vision, and to see how a logical design will translate into one or more physical databases, and how the data will flow through the successive stages involved.
* The data architect will need to be able to address issues of data migration (validation, clean-up and mapping), and understanding the importance of data dictionaries
Functional Job Competencies
* Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
* Written Communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
* Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
* Excellent spoken and communication skills.
* Excellent planning and task-tracking skills.
* Excellent analysis and assessment of business needs and cross-system impacts.
* Capable in SQL data analysis and programming interpretation.
* Excellent team-play skills, able to work in fast-paced environment on multiple projects/jobs concurrently.
Education / Experience Requirements
* Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
List any special certifications, licenses, and/or knowledge requirements for this job:
* Expert in data modeling.
* Working knowledge with SQL language, (i.e. T-SQL (Microsoft), NZSQL (Netezza)).
* Working knowledge/experience with the installation and maintenance of Cognos servers.
* Mortgage and/or Financial industry knowledge preferred.
* Mid-level to expert knowledge in ETL concepts
* Working knowledge of Big Data concepts in organizing both structured and unstructured data is a big plus
* Working knowledge of Hadoop is a plus
* 5 years of experience in an Data Architect position
* Titan - CMOD - Data Architect
* Data Architecture,
* Data Modeling,
* Azure Cloud DB architecture