Req ID: 169437
The HBO Max Story
We won't chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn't exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
The Data Architect will partner with the VP, Data Engineering to define the overall data architecture strategy, solutions, data modeling standards and processes in support of the WarnerMedia streaming service. He/She will collaborate closely with senior leaders, users, analysts, developers, and engineers to understand the business and data requirements to create data models for complex designs and solutions. This position is open for either Burbank, CA or New York City, NY.
* Model and design application data structures, storage, processes and integration in accordance with defined enterprise-wide architecture and user requirements
* Leverage data to understand in depth business processes, identify areas of opportunity for process improvement and write queries analyze to support various initiatives visualize, and provide analytics on data to build reporting solutions and ensuring interoperability with BI solutions
* Provide hands on guidance and leadership through the entire lifecycle of development projects
* Responsible for data management across multiple data systems: data governance, data mastering, meta-data management, data definitions, symantec-layer design, data taxonomies
* Responsible for the integrity and quality of data and information stored and flowing between business applications, the enterprise data warehouse, data marts and business intelligence applications
* Work with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion
* 5+ years' experience architecting enterprise data solutions
* BS/MS Degree in engineering or similar filed required
* Expert level proficiency in SQL
* Experience with the BI / DW lifecycle components including Source data analysis, ETL, DataMarts, Reporting, Dashboards, Analytics
* Demonstrated experience designing highly scalable ETL processes with data transformation
* Expertise architecting and documenting architecture at multiple levels (high-level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams)
* Fluency in cloud-based data storage and analytics
* Stays abreast of new technologies and best practices
* Strong consensus-building ability and negotiating skills
* Strong communication and executive presentation skills, both oral and written.
* Ability to communicate well to both technical and business audiences
* Expertise/experience in these key technical areas/domains: AWS Cloud platform tools; Data warehousing tools such as Dynamo DB, Oracle, SQL, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake; Data Modeling and System Analysis of Data Platforms EMR, Data Bricks, AWS; Data Integration tools such as SQL, Spark, Scala, Python, Data Bricks, Airflow; R, Machine Learning
* Experience and knowledge with various Business Intelligence reporting tools (MicroStrategy, Looker, Tableau) a plus
* Experience with Digital Marketing tools for instrumentation and analytics analysis, such as Segment, Google Analytics, and Datorama.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or prote