The Data Architect will lead and support the definition and shaping of data solutions and data models that meet the business demands across the Vantage organization. This person will also work with IT to jointly develop the data strategy considering current and known future business demands leveraging all available innovative data technology solutions. Reporting to the Director of FP&A, this role will be the primary lead on all enterprise wide initiatives around data consolidation, data integrity and business needs around actionable data to support both current and strategic initiatives
Accountabilities with Key Outcomes:
* Design, develop and deploy database models and reports to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance, and reliability
* Build processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management; help to bring structure and integrity around data management
* Be a champion to business unit leaders, promoting understanding and usage of enterprise data to build consistent and detailed reports and model
* Produce ad-hoc queries that develop and deliver reports to support business needs
* Guide and educate business unit leaders in the use and understanding of BI-related reports and dashboards allowing them to achieve their goals and objectives
* Lead/participate in business projects that will leverage the enterprise data platform; work jointly with IT on similar projects to maximize efficiency and hold to consistent strategies
* Work jointly with IT group to support data design governance activities to manage data standards and solution design. Also, recommend adjustment to the database standards as needed to address new business needs or new projects that come forth
* Expected to keep up with emerging trends & technologies, new information in big data and analytics and continue to recommend changes or alternatives to current process
* BA/BS Degree in Finance, Computer Science, or related field; MBA a plus.
* 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in analysis, data modeling and general ERP system knowledge
* Data warehousing and visualization tool experience such as MS Power BI
* Comprehensive grasp of data visualization methods and data modeling for effective report creation
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines. Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time
* Hands on, deadline & detail oriented
* Team Player
* Some occasional travel, less than 25%
* Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook required; Master proficiency in Excel and Access required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and superlative listening skills
* Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still maintaining focus on overall company objectives (the big picture)
* Demonstration of innovation and initiative always looking at improving our processes and displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary.
* Resilient and hands on can handle volume and pace
* Experience with an international manufacturing company
* Outstanding interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
* Broad overall business acumen with proficient ability to talk with executives in business terms
* Approaches tasks in a methodical and systematic manner
* Experience driving best
* VANTAGE SPECIALTY CHEMICALS is proud to offer a Drug-Free Workplace.
* Offers of employment with Mallet/Vantage are contingent upon successful drug test and background check results.
Vantage is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled