Data Architect/Data Modeler
Req #: 190028203
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced Data Solution professional, your mission is to help move our team of technologists toward creating next-level Data solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of Data design, Analytics, Data Governance will help the team raise their game, enhance standards, improve time to market while satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
* Define and Enforce Data Architecture standards by
* Documenting standards and best practices for use across the ecosystems,providing training, tools and oversight
* Leading and mentoring application development teams
* Supporting new application governance for multi tenant environment
* Ensure conformation to the firm wide data standards for target platforms (Hadoop/Teradata/Cassandra) such as
* Logical & Physical Data Models
* Sourcing from SOR/ADS
* Data Sourcing Contracts
* Participate in demand management, forecasting and planning, assessing impact and feasibility, and estimating work effort and duration.
* Collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals.
* Reduce the risk of implementing new/changing data structures in the JPMC environment.
* Translate business requirements into target state conceptual models.
* Perform data analysis and data profiling on source data and document metadata for target data models.
* Mentor resources and perform peer reviews on project solution deliverables.
* Identify opportunities for improving processes to bring efficiencies to the data modeling efforts.
Soft Skills/attributes required for this Role
* Experienced Data Architect/Data Modeler
* Worked in a large complex organization before, has experience of addressing data at another large firm
* Experience working closely with senior AD architects and other Information Architects across the firm
* Credible and mature personality
* Good communicator - able to translate detail into a concise story, getting immediately to the punch line
* Self-started, motivated - wants to get in, roll sleeves up and make a difference
* Wants to be a change agent, make improvements. Thrives on change
Hard Skills / Requirements
Strong data modelling skills
* Knows how to model data and manage it at scale effectively
* Experience of one or more data modelling tools
* Experience with a number of data modelling techniques
* Maintain/Enhance data modelling toolkit to ensure flawless delivery of data architecture
Strong Data Architecture experience
* Knowledge of Data Warehousing / Data Lake / Business Intelligence strategies and architecture
* Strong metadata experience
* Experience Designing, modelling and implementing data solutions to meet the business needs and risk tolerance criteria of the firm
Strong Data Governance experience
* Ensure changes to the data environment generated by the department are compatible and compliant to the architectural standards
* Maintain/Enhance data design process within Software Development Lifecycle working with the Firmwide Chief Development Office
Communicate findings and recommendations effectively and efficiently through the department
Meet regularly with other Information Architects to review/enhance Information Architecture policies across the firm
Review the designs of other Information Architects to ensure cohesive integral data design across the firm
Partner with Data Stewards to identify Authoritative Data Sources
Experience working in Agile methodology and facilitating sessions with data warehousing partners.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.