IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Fortitude Group Services, Inc
The Data Architect will report directly to the FORTITUDE Re Data Program Lead. The position is responsible for design, development and ongoing operational support for the FORTITUDE Re Data Management and Integration capability. The individual will work directly with our Internal customers to develop, deliver and monitor the provision of Data Management and Integration services.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
* Design and build end to end data flows using modern technologies using enterprise standards. This includes applying data cleansing, data mapping, data transformation and data standardization techniques
* Developing an ecosystem to support business teams in managing and using their data.
* Pursue a rigorous, disciplined approach to software development process and automation.
* Develop, test and maintain build and deployment scripts in CI/CD framework/tools to automate and streamline deployment processes.
* A keen eye for encryption and data security.
* Implement strong data governance and quality solutions.
* Research, suggest, and apply new promising technologies, strategies and ways to solve technical issues.
Ideally the successful candidate will have working knowledge and the ability to demonstrate hands on experience with the following technologies:
* Data Lakes and Big Data (Hadoop, Hive, Spark )
* Amazon Web Services (S3, EMR, Redshift, Athena, Glue, Kinesis)
* ETL/ELT, Source to Target Mappings
* Data Modeling
* Data Governance and Data Quality processes
* SQL, NoSQL and BI experience
* Linux and Windows server concepts
* Life and/or Property Casualty Insurance experience
Desirable skills include:
* Infrastructure patterns for Microservices
* Programming Languages (.Net, Python, Java, etc)
* Data Visualization (SAP Analytic Cloud, Tableau)
Base Skills include:
* Bias for Action and Service Orientated.
* Strong strategic development and project execution skills, with proven ability to deliver key tasks on time and on budget.
* Exceptional communication skills, including ability to develop and present clear and concise analysis and recommendations to senior management.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Proven ability to dissect complex business issues, performs research and analysis, and synthesize conclusions into a value-maximizing strategy.
* Strong business acumen with a proven track record of making sound judgments backed by strong analytical skills.
* Comprehensive awareness of the business and regulatory environment.
Education and Experience:
* 5+ years of experience
* Product leadership with scope of influence
* Ability to mentor others
* Bachelor's Degree
* Grade 22
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
American International Group (AIG) is a global insurance company.