The primary focus of the data architect will be modeling EHR, "Electronic Health Records" data as well as architecting, designing, developing ETL for the Legacy Data Archive team throughout the hospital system. Other responsibilities would include:Collaborate with other Architects and I.S. operational teams (business, information, application, software, technology). Define key solutions and ensure they are managed. Define principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise. Define models, including solution patterns, to guide solution decisions for the enterprise. Create, document, and communicate the integration approach of all the components of the architecture. Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints, to derive the enterprise solution architecture change requirements to guide solution decisions for the enterprise. Research, analyze, determine capabilities and propose solution alternatives that address specific business needs and product/service strategies across Lines of Businesses. Develop road maps describing the evolution of all enterprise solution portfolios from current state to future state. Perform design reviews of solutions to ensure the design aligns and supports the specified architecture. Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the enterprise solution architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs. Ensure that project management or solution delivery life cycle efforts and project architects specifically leverage all aspects of enterprise architecture (EA) separately by enterprise architecture viewpoint (for example, business, information, application, software, and technology) and via guidance at the enterprise solution architecture level across those viewpoints. Work closely with the enterprise program management office (EPMO), Solution Value Office (SVO), or project office to ensure alignment of architecture in plans and project delivery. Understand and advocate the principles of business and IT strategies, as well as of enterprise architecture development and service delivery. Be prepared to "sell" the EA process (overall, not just for enterprise solution architecture), its outcome and ongoing results, and to lead the communication, marketing or educational activities needed to ensure enterprise solution architecture success and use. Demonstrate strong technical knowledge and familiarity with how portfolios of systems work together to create enterprise solutions. Ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust, confidence and intellectual integrity with both Business and IT partners. Support of enterprise tools needed for development and QA processes. Work with each line of business to ensure the successful adoption and use of enterprise solutions including application frameworks, software reference architectures, frameworks, patterns, and standards. This also includes conformance to the strategies, reference architectures, and guiding principles. Lead by example, influence and shape outlook and attitudes to facilitate change from a tactical to a strategic oriented enterprise. EOE including Disabled and Veteran
* 0-3+ years in enterprise, application, technical, or information architecture design.
* Demonstrate strong technical knowledge of application delivery methods and familiarity with how portfolios of systems work together to create enterprise solutions.
* Demonstrated results managing/ influencing/ member of virtual teams and serving as role model/ mentor.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology is preferred or other degree with significant related IT and leadership experience.
* The architect must have demonstrated knowledge on a domain specific area (i.e. coding languages such as C, C++, JAVA, .NET, C# etc.; networking; Applications such as Cerner, Epic, Peoplesoft, Kronos; Technology such as Microsoft, AIX, VMWare, SAN, Exchange; data).
* Expertise in architecture frameworks is required.
* Experience working in a matrixed organization.
* The architect needs to have expertise in design methodologies and business functions.
* Need to have working knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML) or other architecture modeling notations.
* Understanding of current IT trends, key vendors and their impact on business strategies, Cloud technologies, Mobile applications, BI architecture, agile IT processes, usability architecture, front-end design, etc. Pragmatic, articulate, persuasive and able to develop, sell and drive architectural solutions.
* Ability to effectively translate and present technology solutions in business or management terms.
* Visionary thinker that can anticipate future computing capabilities.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.