How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Data Architect will be designing and implementing a Department of Quality data store in collaboration with the analytics teams within Quality Measurement to establish a robust reporting infrastructure that help drive clinical quality and performance improvement. The Data Architect will create ETL processes with built-in data quality monitoring that combines both internal and external data into a single, cohesive environment. S/he will be modeling data from clinical, operational, and administrative data systems to support reporting in patient experience, CMS quality and performance measures, hospital-acquired conditions, and other domains. In addition, s/he will participate in data governance activities and help analytic teams build more efficient and robust reporting processes.
1. Build and maintain a Department of Quality data store for reporting and analytic needs of clinical, operational, and administrative analytic and data science teams.
2. Design logical and physical models for clinical and quality data across the network that are clear and concise for consumption by data analysts.
3. Develop and manage ETLs that integrate multiple sources into the departmental data warehouse using SQL Server Data Tools.
4. Translate metric definitions into technical specifications in building data marts that fulfill clinical reporting needs.
5. Develop and implement data quality monitoring procedures, create and provide data quality reports including data profiling, and provide support to data governance activities.
6. Interpret statistical analyses and machine learning outputs to determine were data quality exist, design and implement processes to limit such issues.
7. Develop processes to improve reporting efficiency to assist other analytic teams.
8. Work with other team members to create and maintain a comprehensive data dictionary.
9. Provide feedback to other team members by participating in peer review and educate the organization on data warehousing and data engineering.
10. Communicate progress (both written and verbally) to diverse stakeholders and present to senior leadership.
1. Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in quantitative fields (statistics, engineering, physics, epidemiology or STEM) and 3 years experience in ETL, data warehousing, and data modeling required; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Strong experience with structured data and relational databases, and familiarity with unstructured data.
3. Five years of experience with SQL and three years of experience with ETL tools.
4. Ability to investigate, organize, and merge data from different sources into a single data structure.