Hanover Park, IL
BNSF Logistics is a rapidly growing Freight Brokerage and 3PL organization. With current growth rates we will exceed 1 Billion in revenue in the next 24 months. Our explosive growth has created multiple needs in our quickly expanding IT organization. The IT organization is developing systems and products from the ground floor up. Our new roles provide a unique opportunity to get in on the early stages of developing a transformative suite of solutions. Our IT organization provides a fast paced, creative and challenging work environment that leverages proven Agile development practices. We offer a competitive salary as well as an outstanding benefits package. We are a work hard play hard environment where you can develop a rewarding career while enjoying a very competitive compensation package.
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS environments inclusive of reporting and integration services. Responsible for ensuring the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications utilizing the SQL Server environments. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server environment, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. The SQL Server environment supports an enterprise application suite of programs designed to automate the performance of our operational teams. Ensuring consistent performance of the databases is an essential job duty.
From time to time the role will also include the production of company required reporting via SSRS. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively. Knowledge of an Oracle would be a plus.
* Manage SQL Server environment through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
* Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, and system tuning to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
* Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
* Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
* Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
* Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
* Develop SQL Server stored procedures as required to support development of company applications.
* Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
* Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
* Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
* Develop required reporting utilizing SSRS as needed.
* Participate in Agile Scrum Meetings with project teams, contribute as required.
Skills and Qualifications
* 4+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
* Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
* Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
* Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
* Ability to organize and plan work independently
* Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
* Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
* MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
* Oracle knowledge a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
* Competitive pay
* Comprehensive health benefits package
* 401(k) plan with employer match
* Flexible spending account
* Company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
* Employee discounts on autos, travel, electronics, insurance, etc.
* Tuition assistance
* Professional training staff with an industry leading Learning Management System
* Company culture that recognizes its employees
ABOUT BNSF Logistics:
BNSF Logistics is an industry-leading transportation intermediary, committed to providing value to each of our customers through professional acumen, entrepreneurial drive, and individual commitment. We are one of the fastest growing 3PLs in North America and pride ourselves on service flexibility and modal breadth. BNSF Logistics is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC.
Our Purpose: We Deliver What Matters
Our Guiding Principles:
* Protect the well-being of ourselves and others
* Drive innovation and embrace transformation
* Respect and serve everyone
* Keep our commitments
* Celebrate and enjoy the journey
* Foster a collaborative and inclusive community
BNSF Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.