Data and Applied Scientist, CO+I Applied AI team
We are the Cloud Operations + Innovation Applied Artificial Intelligence Team (CAAI), part of the larger Cloud Operations + Innovation organization. Our mission is to use the most cutting-edge AI technology to further innovate our global data centers, one of the most important components of the Microsoft Azure cloud business. Our team includes applied data scientists, engineers and data analysts and we build 24x7 AI production systems, using machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP). These systems are making real-time decisions for data centers around the world. We are also conference presenters teaching the most state-of-art NLP methods. We have a great passion for applied AI and believe our work will shape the future of global data centers.
Our team is expanding! We need talented data scientists to join us to generate business insights, build machine learning models, and apply NLP or computer vision methods to solve the operations and deployment problems. Data centers have many servers and technicians worldwide, and you will have the opportunity to help shaping the future of global data centers using AI technology! The candidate should have a solid foundation in machine learning and statistics, focus on problem-solving, and be open to exploring various cutting-edge AI technologies and applying them to large scale data.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
* Advanced degree in statistics, computer science or other highly related quantitative fields.
* Solid foundation in statistics and machine learning.
* 3+ years using applied data science to solve real-world problems.
* 2+ years' work or research experience with machine learning or natural language processing.
* Strong skills in Python, R, and SQL.
* Excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
Preferred, not required:
* 3+ years' experience in insight discovery and building features for business AI systems is a strong plus.
* 1+ years' experience with terabyte-level data manipulation.
* Publications on machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision or applied data science.
* Knowledge and experience with Keras, CNTK, TensorFlow or PyTorch.
* Knowledge and experience working within cloud computing environments such as Azure or others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work with a team of data scientist, engineers and data analysts to contribute to the AI / ML systems.
* Do data mining and provide new insights to guide business and influence operations.
* Collaborate with other teams and create data science, ML or AI solutions for a diverse set of problems.
* Contribute to the CAAI knowledge graph by enriching the system with new data sources and features.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.