At 343 Industries we're building the future of the Halo Franchise. A foundational component of that future will be our capacity to generate and leverage player insights. To help us build that foundation, we're seeking a Data & Applied Scientist to join the Franchise Analytics Team.
Successful candidates will have demonstrable experience working with teams to provide end-to-end analytics support-from specifying design and business telemetry, validating data quality, to delivering analyses that positively impact the business. Knowledge and previous application of a variety of analyses including those related to business intelligence, inferential, and applied statistics are required. Any experience using more advanced analytics techniques (e.g., predictive modelling, neural network modelling, etc) is preferred though not required. The individual in this role will be able to share and communicate player insights effectively to people of varied technical and analytical backgrounds. Finally, this individual will be an active collaborator with their analytics peers-sharing expertise and leveraging the work of others to enhance impact is a pillar of the Franchise Analytics Team's success and culture.
* 2+ years working in the insights/analytics industry (including data science, analytics, business intelligence, games analytics)
* 2+ years working with statistical software (Python or similar) either professionally or academically
* 1+ years working with visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI or Similar)
* Ability to effectively communicate and influence key stakeholders
* Ability to clearly and concisely communicate the results of analytics and research projects
* Strong data fundamentals through demonstrated ability to manipulate, clean, schematize and process data.
* Knowledge of and previous application of advanced statistically analyses and modeling (e.g., predictive modelling, neural network modelling, classification, etc)
Degree in fields like computer science, mathematics, statistics, machine leaning, operations research, data mining, AI, psychology
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work closely with games teams to:
* Specify appropriate and impactful business and design telemetry
* Assure data quality
* Prioritize and complete analyses
* Evangelize analysis results to key stakeholders to positively impact player and business outcomes
* Work with other members of the Franchise Analytics Team to:
* Share and develop analytics and presentation skills
* Establish and iterate on common best practices
* Productize data science "applications"
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.