Xbox is looking for a data scientist who is familiar with delivering insights and analysis that can impact key business decisions for Microsoft's 1st party titles.
This position will be working closely with producers, developers, and leadership within Microsoft Studios Global Publishing designing custom title telemetry and providing sustained and ad-hoc analysis on gameplay and standard business KPIs. To be successful in this role, your work will include defining and implementing best practices for modern analytics as well as researching and applying machine learning techniques to be used both in development and after the release of a game. With the right person, this role will help shape the future of Xbox gaming and the experiences of millions of players.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work with game developers and producers to design the in-game telemetry events used for gameplay analysis
* Maintain and organize in-game telemetry specs, adhering to NGP compliance and other corporate PII policies
* Provide forecasting support on event fire rates and data retention needs to developers
* Establish core measurements and methods that can be used across multiple games, game services, and hardware
* Deliver progression modeling, balance analysis, multiplayer performance, cheat detection, and social impact analysis
* Provide regular, timely reporting and performance monitoring to studio teams and key business stakeholders
* Recommend new architectural designs and enhancements to existing data systems to optimize for high speed, low latency reporting and self-service analytics for stakeholder clients
* Provide actionable insights for future release and DLC development using standard business KPIs along with in-game telemetry events
* 5+ years of experience with data analytics or business intelligence
* 2+ years of experience of Python, R, Go or other programming languages
* Bachelor in Statistics / Math / Computer Science / Economics / Business or Engineering
* Advanced working knowledge of data mining using SQL, ETL and Data Warehouses. Need to be able to formulate complex SQL queries and have experience working with BI and visualization tools
* Excellent verbal, written and collaborative communication skills in a cross-team environment with the ability to translate complex information
* Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
* Passion for games, the game community and game design
* Experience working with Kusto, Azure SQL Servers, Hive or Cosmos
* Experience maintaining Sharepoint subsites and distribution groups
* Experience with visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau, Business Objects, etc
* Program management or business intelligence experience
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.