What you will do:
Support Product, Sales, Marketing and leadership teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. This role works closely with Professional Services and Engagement Services team members to deliver additional revenue opportunities and to serve as ShopperTrak's resident data expert.
Analyze retail data from varied and desperate sources for trends, predictions, and forecasts. Help our retail customers make sense of the massive amount of data across their POS, traffic counters, review sites, online properties, social media, weather, and other sources. Provide ideas to front-end teams of how to visualize and communicate the data's findings to our customer. Advance the technical sophistication of solutions through the use of machine learning and other advanced technologies
How you will do it:
* Assist in designing and building out a data analysis environment
* Integrate R into the analysis workflow.
* Provide creative and useful analysis for our retail customers. Find data that is predictive in their businesses.
* Ability to understand what moves the needle for our customers and explore data that could be helpful. Must be able to do this without much direction.
* Ability to find, source, and store unique data sets that may be useful for analysis
* Ability to explore and implement advanced technological solutions such as machine learning.
* Work with Business Intelligence team on designing and developing business algorithms and reports.
What we look for:
* Degree in Math, Engineering, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics
* Strong abilities with R and Python. Strong knowledge of Linux environment. Experience with Google Cloud. Demonstrated ability architect the structure very large data sets. Familiarity with pulling data from (or migrating from) Oracle, Big Query and MongoDB for analysis.
* 3+ years analyzing large data sets with modern tools. Passion for data analysis. Demonstrated exploration of new techniques outside of day-to-day job duties.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
* PHYSICAL/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, with minimal reaching, bending, and stooping. Normal open office environment with long hours in front of the computer.
* OTHER NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS: Occasional evening or weekend duties may be required.
* Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Johnson Controls.
* Qlik/Looker/Power BI/
* Google Cloud tools and SDK
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.