The Big Data & Analytics practice is an initiative focused on data analytics, business intelligence, machine learning and emerging big data technologies.
BKD is looking to hire a Team Leader for our Big Data & Analytics Practice. This position will lead with our data analytics team in completing data analytics projects and the development of analytics solutions for a variety of industries and business purposes. The position requires a strong interest in leveraging data for greater insights into an organization with a focus on developing data visualization solutions for clients. This role will include significant business development and selling responsibilities which will include travel and presenting at conferences and BKD seminars.
The Data Analytics Team Leader may be located in one of the following BKD offices: Kansas City, MO; Springfield, MO; Indianapolis, IN; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO
* Lead others within the practice to determine analytics needs for projects - this could include planning, developing and performing routine analytics procedures to identify unusual trends, patterns and relationships in transactional, attribute-based and unstructured data sets
* Work with BKD's Project Management Office to design innovative data-driven solutions and models to solve client issues
* Work with disparate data sets from multiple client systems to develop comprehensive analytical models
* Lead the data analytics efforts to design and build client-facing deliverables within data analysis and data visualization software
* Lead the business development efforts to grow data analytics revenue for the Firm through collaborating with local BKD offices and through external marketing initiatives
* Bachelor's degree required, Major in Computer Science a plus.
* Coursework in computer science, analytics, information systems or a related field preferred
* Ability to understand business environments in various industries
* Ability to lead and manage others
* Proficient verbal and written communication skills
* Discipline to perform detailed analytics while maintaining focus on the overall project objectives
* Data analysis and problem solving skills
* Team-oriented and collaborative work style
* Professional appearance and demeanor
* High attention to detail
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
* Experience with some of the following software packages:
* Power BI
* SQL Server Database
* Analyst's Notebook
* Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
* Experience applying advanced statistical methods to solve business problems
* Proficient with machine learning tools and concepts
* Familiarity with Visual Basic, Ruby, Scala, Python or other programming languages
* Familiarity with Hadoop/Spark ecosystems
* Ability to prioritize and execute recurring and non-recurring tasks
* Project management experience preferred
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter-both in the marketplace and in our offices. We also offer the support, resources and opportunities you need to further develop your career. We listen to learn, combine innovation with practicality and give back to the communities where we live and work.
See what we offer new hires in terms of competitive compensation, People First benefits and paid time off.
Take your career to the next level at BKD.
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,650 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.