Description:The Data Analytics Support Engineer is an entry level, hybrid role that offers qualified candidates to start career in a DataOps environment in Missiles & Fire Control (MFC) business of Lockheed Martin. The successful candidate gets opportunity to support the analytical platform of Lockheed Martin's MFC business as well as having ability to contribute in building analytical solutions.
The successful candidate will assist other senior members in overseeing and conducting all operational duties of the analytics platforms. This includes performing software/hardware upgrades, ensuring backups are being performed regularly, ensuring that the platforms are performing to their potential, and addressing any issues that arise. Developing and maintaining infrastructure/process logs, documentation, process metrics, process schedules, security, and capacity trending will be part of the daily activities. MFC Data Analytics Support Engineer will be helping to ensure the platforms are current on the marketplace and make recommendations where they see opportunities for improvement or suspect future issues based on growth and capacity. The analytics platform includes, but is not limited to, information delivery tools, analysis tools, and the data ecosystem (discrete databases, data warehouses, and application databases). Specifically, this is an ecosystem of SAP HANA, BOBJ and Tableau with other machine learning platforms such as Domino.
In addition, an aspiring candidate can do stretch assignments to perform analysis, development and evaluation of data mining in a data warehouse environment which includes data design, database architecture, and metadata and repository creation. They can use data mining and data analysis tools. Designs, develops and maintains databases. Can support reviewing data loaded into the data warehouse for accuracy.
* Completed course work in business intelligence, data analytics, or information systems disciplines.
* Completed some course work or exposure and passion for technical applications such as (but not limited to): Business Objects, Tableau, SAP HANA or Hadoop/Big Data.
* Able to work in multi-faceted, diverse environment.
* Great communication skills.
* Good analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
* Some experience with Microsoft Office suite and business intelligence applications.
* Experience, exposure, interest in doing programming using languages such as Python for data analytics purposes
* Experience and/or interest in showing creativity with wire frame designs for websites, reports, ability to work on content publishing tools such as WordPress.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College