It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Data and Analytics Engineering at Cigna is looking for a strong software engineering team leader who can solve complex problems, inspire engineering talent, and deliver business capabilities that improve access to high performing providers and increase healthcare affordability. This role is the perfect blend of software development, data engineering, business analytics, and delivery execution. It is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be challenged, drive change, and deliver value that is tangible.
* Opportunity to lead engineering of self-service and automated solutions to provide business value, using the power of the latest technologies for the foundational strategic priorities. * Own and drive the design and solutioning of full-stack end-to-end solutions working in alignment with strategic data assets like CCW, Hadoop and upcoming 360 enterprise views. * Lead and mentor a team of engineers in building different pieces of a tech-stack for enabling self-service metrics visualization and reporting capabilities for our business partners.
As a software engineering leader, you will help develop an integrated solution strategy to support next-generation reporting and analytical capabilities on an enterprise-wide scale. You will deliver user-oriented products in a fast -paced and agile environment.
Lead and develop a high performing team
* Hire and retain strong software engineering talent * Develop existing talent into full stack engineers * Inspire engineering teams to take risks and manage them * Drive a culture of continuous improvement and accountability
Understanding business products and defining high-level needs
* Partner with the business on driving strategy from a product roadmap perspective, provide technical leadership * Provide your team with insight into the product roadmap and articulate technical direction and considerations * Encourage your team to start with the end in mind * Obsess with optimizing the product to achieve business goals while maximizing return on investment and business value
Data and analytical capabilities and architecture
* Developing rock-solid, scalable systems that will still hold up 5, 10 or 20 years from now * Drive opportunities to revolutionize workflow with embedded analytics, machine learning, and AI * Enforce modern delivery practices such as continuous integration, behavior/test driven development
Ideal Candidates Will Offer:
* LOVES data, analytics, building self-service tools and web application platforms using the latest technologies * Solid managerial and/or mentorship experience * Boundless intellectual curiosity to continually explore how to do things better, bigger, faster and cheaper * A strong voice for data integrity and reporting quality utilizing best practices and industry standards * A "roll-up your sleeves and get the job done" mentality * Enjoys speaking with customers to understand how we can best meet their needs * Team player and motivator who inspires, embraces diversity of thought, and fosters a culture of creativity
* Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in software development * Knowledge and experience with agile development process a must * Prior experience with web development and solution architecture is required * Data mining and SQL experience * Skilled and experienced in some of the following technologies (Scala, Python, Spark, Java) * Knowledge of Graph Databases (Neo4j, Titan, etc.) and query syntax for said database (Cypher, Gremlin, etc.) * Experience with common graph algorithms and their application to network problems
Familiarity with Visualization Libraries: D3, Shiny, Tableau, etc.
* Knowledge and experience with React and/or Angular preferred * Knowledge and experience with React and/or Angular preferred * Familiarity with AWS, cloud native application development, EC/EMR, and cloud data storage and access * Real-time streaming application development using Kafka * DevOps and CICD technologies experience * Prior entrepreneurial or startup experience is desirable * Demonstrated experience with thorough problem solving and analytical skills, combined with strong business acumen * Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent in education and experience
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.