What you'll be doing...
You'll be ensuring that analytics drive continuous business improvements, bringing more profitable growth and an even better customer experience. You'll define the analytics strategy and champion that strategy across the business in order to create buy-in for data-driven decision making. You'll also lead the data analytics team, planning and overseeing the work, and creating an engaging environment where team members can thrive. Your end goal is to recommend improvements that will go straight to the bottom line by helping us serve our customers.
* Leading a strong internal data analytics team to support the business.
* Partnering with others to understand business challenges.
* Designing creative approaches to uncover the biggest opportunities for cost and time savings.
* Defining and driving the analytics strategy and modeling approaches.
* Building business cases and translating findings into practical business implications.
* Driving the adoption of analytics in decision making.
What we're looking for...
You are the one reading up on the latest best practices in data mining and visualization. You can visualize the big picture strategy, but can also break it down into the components to get the job done. You believe that the best decisions are based in data and you're the one that knows how to tease out the key learning within a dataset. You have credibility with people because you are an expert in all things data but you also know how to bring it down to the level that your audience can understand-that's practical and will help the business improve. And you're an effective and inspiring leader who brings out the best in others.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with quantitative modeling, statistics, or data mining.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree or PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, or a related field.
* Worked with SQL and statistical software packages like SAS and SPSS.
* Led a team.
* Experience with visualization software like Qlikview, Tableau, or Excel.
* Coding experience (e.g., C/C++, Java or Python).
* Demonstrated communication and influence skills.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.