Data Analytics Consultant
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Established in 1959, the Inter-American Development Bank ("IDB" or "Bank") is the main source of financing for economic, social and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. It provides loans, grants, guarantees, policy advice and technical assistance to the public and private sectors of its borrowing countries.
The Analytics and Decision Support Unit resides at the Vice-Presidency of Finance. The Unit (a) improves and streamlines processes, (b) produces analytics for decision making at the strategic, tactical, and operational levels, and (c) oversees: Human Resources and Budget information portfolio management and optimization.
* Analyze data structure under current business rules, make recommendations and propose a model for optimize queries for current HR dashboards.
* Develop technical infrastructure designs, data mappings, flows and report dissemination mechanisms for Data.
* Analyze source data of different types and design programs for extraction, transformation and loading into a centralized database.
* Creates data dictionaries and maintains metadata.
* Work with development teams to map data elements for ETLs.
* Provide support to systems' data extraction and/or migration utilizing ad hoc data extraction tools.
* Create and manage database objects including tables, indexes and procedures.
* Develop and test programs using SQL and PL-SQL for database applications.
* Develop and generate standard and ad hoc reporting capabilities from new and existing data sources.
* Develop and modify queries, programs and stored procedures to support standard and ad hoc reporting.
The selected candidate will:
Reports and Dashboards
* Coordinate and/or participate on requirement gathering and requirements validation exercises with stakeholders, to enable the creation of new dashboards
* Abide by, expand and improve upon ITE's published standards and guidelines, and best practices promoted by the industry
* Analyze, create, support, and document SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) packages
* Analyze, create, test, implement and support formal and ad-hoc export and import processes between systems and EDW
* Create and maintain data flow processes in support to business needs of integrated reporting
* Collaborate on the preparation of reports and data extraction to support the Optima Project
Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics
* Support the business by providing access to data intelligence for proper decision making
* Provide recommendations to continuously enhance the relationship between user requests and needs with business vision, strategy and goals
* Participate on meetings and discussions to support HR transformation
* Contribute with analysis to advance processes improvement projects and initiatives
* Perform analysis to identify data ownership, along with data production and consumption
* Perform analysis to profile the data, identifying and documenting patterns of errors, and provide recommendations for corrections
* Provide support to create data quality checkpoints and internal audit processes
* Help establish metrics to steer data quality initiatives
* Assist on the preparation of data quality policies as required by business needs
* Provide technical assistance to members of the team on reports and data extraction
* Prepare System and User documentations
* Assist on the preparation of training material, and deliver training on new systems and procedures
* Perform periodic and systematic analysis of live systems and provide recommendations.
* Provide support to supervisor on meetings, presentations, documentation, and related tasks
* Academic Degree/ Level & Years of Professional Work Experience: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related fields and three years of relevant professional experience in Business Analytics, including the design, development and data analysis, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master's degree is preferred.
* Languages: Excellent English and Spanish language proficiency, oral and written. Proficiency in French and/or Portuguese is beneficial.
Characteristics of the Consultancy
* Consultancy category and modality: Consultant, monthly.
* Contract duration: 12 months
* Place(s) of work: Headquarters, Washington DC, United States.
* Responsible person: Unit Chief VPF/ADS.
Payment and Conditions: Compensation will be determined in accordance with Bank's policies and procedures. The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may contribute toward travel and moving expenses. In addition, candidates must be citizens of an IDB member country.
Visa and Work Permit: The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may submit a visa request to the applicable immigration authorities; however, the granting of the visa is at the discretion of the immigration authorities. Notwithstanding, it is the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the necessary visa or work permits required by the authorities of the country (ies) in which the services will be rendered to the Bank. If a candidate cannot obtain a visa or work permit to render services to the Bank the contractual offer will be rescinded
Consanguinity: Pursuant to applicable Bank policy, candidates with relatives (including the fourth degree of consanguinity and the second degree of affinity, including spouse) working for the Bank as staff members or Complementary Workforce contractuals, will not be eligible to provide services for the Bank.
Diversity: The Bank is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities to all candidates. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.