Data Analyst (Tableau + Alteryx) - Informa Intelligence | New York, NY
Informa Intelligence is seeking an experienced individual for end to end development of analytics and dashboards for our pharmaceutical industry customers. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Pharma Intelligence Data Analytics team directly with customers to build bespoke analytic solutions to solve their business problems. The candidate will collaborate with our content matter experts, consultants, and technology teams, whilst gaining a detailed understanding of proprietary internal and external data sets.
Informa Pharma Intelligence provides leading analysis to the pharmaceutical industry. The business has a wide range of large proprietary data assets covering all aspects of the pharmaceutical market including but not limited to; clinical trials, trial investigators, events tracking, company financials and merger and acquisition data. This is an opportunity to work with industry leading datasets to provide new and meaningful analytics directly to pharmaceutical and professional services customers.
* End to end development - Take ownership for the technical delivery of custom analytic projects. * Project scoping - Work with Head of Data Analytics and Consulting team to capture and document customer requirements * Tableau (additional BI tools would be beneficial) - Design and build new custom Tableau dashboards to meet customer requirements. A creative approach will be required for some projects, where a detailed understanding of Tableau would be a key advantage. * Data modeling - Use Alteryx to create a repeatable ETL and data model to serve data to Tableau dashboards. * Proof of concept - build a pre-sales proof of concepts for customers before engaging in full end to end development of the final dashboard solution. * Portal delivery - work with our internal technology teams to embed Tableau dashboards into custom portal and provide the required functionality. * Documentation - Document end to end solution including; data sources, Alteryx data model, Tableau dashboards and portal features.
* Intermediate/advanced Tableau and Tableau Server experience * Understanding of data visualization best practices * Experience with Alteryx and Alteryx Server is preferable * Understanding of text mining techniques would be an advantage * Understanding and ability to manipulate and join multiple diverse datasets * Experience in connecting and working with different types of data sources, for example, SQL and APIs * Experience and comfortable interfacing directly with customers to support sales and opportunity evaluation * Ability to work in an agile environment whilst working with customers to deliver the final solution
Who we are:
Relying on us to deliver vital advantage when making critical R&D and commercial decisions, our customers come from over 3000 of the world's leading pharmaceutical, contract research organizations (CROs), medical technology, biotechnology and healthcare service providers, including the top 10 global pharma and CROs. From drug and device discovery and development to regulatory approval, and from product launch to lifecycle management, we provide the intelligence and insight to help our customers seize opportunities, mitigate risk and make business-critical decisions, faster. As the pharma and healthcare sector faces unparalleled upheaval, customers rely on our independent advice, enabling them to cut through the clutter and make sense of changing drug development, regulatory and competitive landscapes.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
* Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
* Competitive Benefits with a 401k match
* Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
* Work- Life Balance
* Paid parental leave
Informa provides knowledge, up-to-the minute information, and specialist skills and services to academics, businesses, and individuals.