Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2018 Computerworld Magazine for the 10th year in a row!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
What will I be doing?
Works with users throughout the organization in gathering requirements, designing, and developing organization-wide reports.
Essential job duties include but are not limited to:
* Create and reports, ad hoc requests, dashboards, and deliverables.
* Designs, tests, and implements reports and data extracts from enterprise database sources.
* Writes structured Query Language (SQL) queries against a complex data models. Translate requests into the programming specifications as needed.
* Uses enterprise reporting tool across the organization.
* Provides ongoing support for production reporting environments.
* Ensure compliance with deliverable reporting requirements by performing quality data audits and analysis.
* Triages intake of data requests and seek understanding of technical requirements
* Uses SQL programming code to develop required reports.
* Utilizes a wide-range of business intelligence tools (SAS, Crystal Reports, Access and Business Objects).
* Responsible for the development and delivery life cycle during following phases: Requirement assessment, development, testing, delivery.
* Facilitates the validation and testing of new or revised reports. Works with user to verify results and content, develops errors or exception reports when applicable and receives official user sign off on completed work
Bachelor's degree in a computer science, data science, or related field.
Epic Clarity Certification in various modules.
Minimum 3 years of experience, 4+ preferred.
Skills we're looking for
* Hands on experience performing reporting analysis and developing custom reports is required
* Experience with SQL and expertise with a range of query tools such as Oracle, SAS, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Microsoft SQL, Tableau, etc.
* Experience with patient care-oriented databases, hospital-based administrative database applications and data warehousing technology
* Experience in systems analysis, user relations, and vendor interactions.
* Knowledge of relational database technology and client-server applications.
What else is a plus?
* Demonstrated understanding of healthcare applications as well as the needs and priorities of patient care providers.
* Technical proficiency in Reporting Workbench and Radar build. Able to teach complex Reporting Workbench and Radar build concepts
* Working Title: Data Analyst - Report Developer II (SQL, Epic Clarity)
* Department: EIS Report Development
* Business Entity: Corporate Services
* City: Los Angeles
* Job Category: Information Technology
* Job Specialty: Business Intelligence/Reporting
* Position Type: Full-time
* Shift Length: 8 hour shift
* Shift Type: Full-time