Sr. Data Analyst will support the manager of the Healthcare Analytics, to ensure the following: (1) Effectively gathering, eliciting requirements and translate user's request into programmable specifications. Develop comprehensive encounter data analysis reports to meet regulatory requirements, as well as business user's needs. (2) Provide technical programming and reporting expertise to help encounter operation area to solve issues incurred in internal encounter processes. (3) Performing qualitative and quantitative data analysis and data visualization. Prepare detailed specifications, design and create reports to support Company's application systems in testing, debugging and documentation. (4) Effectively lead on various projects. (5)Optimize the solutions to support the team priorities.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities (in descending order of importance):
% of Time
Create complex SQL queries to retrieve data, analyze data, and build reports; use Business Intelligence tools to build work flow and reports; translate user's request into programmable specifications; ensure all business requirements to be implemented accurately & timely.
Analyzing, gathering and validating encounter business and functional requirements; and translate them to technical requirements. Performing qualitative and quantitative data analysis and data visualization. Develop comprehensive encounter data monitoring reports to help business users to identify data issues and to improve company wide data submission.
Assist manager and lead on various projects. Support all functions in encounter team to align with the team priorities and goals.
Unit Test Plan & Unit Testing, Project Documentation
* At least 5 years of experience in SSIS, SSRS and SQL which supports analytics requirement.
* Experience of working with Encounter Processes and Transactions (837P, 837I, 837D and NCPDP 4.2 transactions, EVR, 999/777/MAO) along with knowledge of healthcare member eligibility, provider network, claim processing, National Standard Codes is highly desirable.
* At least 5 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle
* Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT) or related discipline that includes technology concentrations from an accredited university
* A Master's degree in Computer Science related discipline is desirable.
* SQL knowledge to build data analytics
* Familiar with SSIS and SSRS
* Familiarity with EDI files 837I/P, 999,277CA and MAO response files.
* Prior experience of working with Encounter Processes and Transactions (837P, 837I, 837D and NCPDP 4.2 transactions, EVR, 999/777/MAO) along with knowledge of healthcare member eligibility, provider network, claim processing, National Standard Codes is highly desirable.
* Solid communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
* Lead, manage, and/or assist in all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC), including requirements definition, design, development, testing, implementation, installation, maintenance and documentation
* Develop data and technical solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
* Create queries, procedures, functions, and packages to improve performance
* Identify production & non-production issues, identify opportunities, make recommendations to fine-tune and optimize system, processes, and management.
* Provide data and technical support and consultation to system and processes, serve as a technical expert for the team.
* Communicate effectively with team members
* Ability to complete work in a timely manner
* Ability to work in a demanding environment
* Understands and abides by all departmental policies and procedures as well as the organization's Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program.
* Attends mandatory Corporate Compliance Program education sessions, as required for this position, including the annual mandatory Standards of Conduct class.
* Participates actively in ensuring that all state and federal rules and regulations are followed as they apply to this position.
* Abides by all applicable laws and regulations as mandated by state and federal laws and prevents being excluded or sanctioned from any state and/or federal programs as they pertain to healthcare.