EBay NYC is looking to hire a world-class Data Analyst to work in our new Computer Vision/Deep Learning Team here at Ebay NYC. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a brand new team in one of the most well established and highly trafficked companies on the Internet. You will be part of an agile integrated data science/engineering team, which is responsible for cutting edge development in our various Computer Vision/Deep Learning initiatives
We apply cutting edge AI/machine learning techniques working with petabytes of data. You will be working with Data scientists, Data engineers and Software Engineers in a team which includes creating new AI/ML models, deploying those models into an Inference Platform. The Platform serves billions of requests per day utilizing GPUs and serves as the backbone for the entire suite of Computer Vision Applications.
The person in this role will oversee all the Computer Vision Analysis tasks.
This includes the following:
* Work with the Computer vision team: research, development and PM to establish data requirements and design a work plan.
* Extract data from ebay systems and analyze the existing status as well as the potential increase in coverage / precision of relevant data elements.
* Write tasks for vendors & Figure-Eight (CrowdSourcing platform) and iterate for high quality tagged data that will be used for MLR
* Benchmark the results of the image recognition MLR - do before after changes tests
* define KPIs to measure the success of the project and the impact on the CV domain work.
* Consolidation and automations of data processes
* Scaling up crowd validation - mostly with figure eight
* Responsibility for the communication & presentation of the computer vision data for relevant stakeholders.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Information Systems/Mathematics or similar
* Proven hands on experience with other programming languages such as (Java, Python, R) is a must.
* Excellent knowledge of SQL (writing complicated queries, creating DBs)
* At least 2-3 years of prior work experience, preferably in a global organization
* Proven hands on experience working in Hadoop
* Great analytical skills and the ability to generate insights from raw data.
* Experience in data validation processes
* Proven experience in work process improvement & scaling
* Past experience with computer vision projects is a plus
* Statistical background is a plus
* Great communication skills
* Excellent English skills, written and spoken.
* Team player, independent, self-directed and solutions-oriented character
* Curious, quick learner, highly motivated, creative, innovative
* Hands-on approach and willingness to take responsibility
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
eBay is a company developing an online auction and e-commerce platform that enables people and businesses to buy and sell goods and services.