Data Analyst - Big Data
Req #: 190034384
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of CCB RFT Data Services data analysis team, you are responsible for accurate data collection, modeling and analysis. The ideal candidate has a knack for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets and the business mindset to support our clients. You will work closely with Risk Modelers and Data Engineers to support and implement high-quality, data-driven Risk and Finance data solutions. You will use advanced data modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from CCB data in different domains (e.g. Auto, Card, MB…etc.) and leverage these insights to support risk and finance model development and deployment. The right person for the job will apply their exhaustive knowledge of data analysis to solving real-world problems faced by our company and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects, teams and business units.
Responsibilities for Data Analyst
* Assigned as an active project resource in data sourcing/data distribution/data access requirement analysis in business programs across multiple CCB Risk & Finance areas: risk model implementation, fraud, loss forecast, finance, and decisioning strategy)
* Deliver data analysis results to support RFT Data Service onboarding team, including but not limited to: DRD, data ingestion query, data validation candidates, data profiling results, MDR uploads
* Working with RFT Data Services Data Architect/Modeler and up-stream technology partners to define conformed zone LDM/PDM, as well as SLA of the data pipeline RFT Data Services data platform
* Working with RFT Data Services Data Architect/Modeler and down-stream technology partners to define LDM (Logical Data Model) and/or LAM (Logical Access Model) in the Risk Repository
Qualifications for Data Analyst
* Working knowledge of data analysis principles: mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems including, but not limited to Oracle, Teradata, and Hadoop
* Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
* Understanding and experience of using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions.
* Writing SAS code statements, models, and macros is not required, but experience is a plus
* Experience with Impala/HIVE in Hadoop environment
* Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
* Experience in one or more of the CCB data domains (Auto, MB, Card…etc.) is definitely a plus
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills
* Comfortable working in an agile, fast paced environment
* We're looking for someone with at least 2 years of experience in a position analyzing, manipulating and drawing insights from data. The right candidate will also be proficient and experienced with the following tools/programs:
o Strong programming skills with querying languages: SQL, SAS, etc.
o Experience with big data tools: Teradata, Hadoop, etc.
o Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, etc.
o Experience with data profiling tools: DataFlux, Talend, etc.
o C, C++, JAVA, Python, or other programming languages
o Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.