Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our team in Santa Monica, CA.
You'll Report To: Director, Business Intelligence
What You'll Be Doing:
* Creating complex SQL queries and perform ad-hoc and exploratory data analysis.
* Providing data-driven insights to enable decision-making.
* Creating data visualizations using various BI tools and Excel.
* Working with the business units to establish KPIs and methodology, and then create the appropriate reports and analysis.
* Developing, owning, and presenting dashboards to Senior Management that provide actionable insights.
* Investigating data anomalies and perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
* Auditing peer reports and providing constructive feedback.
You'll be successful if you are a motivated Data Analyst with strong SQL skills and looking to join an energetic, fast-paced, project-driven BI team.
What You Have:
* BA in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or Mathematics.
* Significant experience in SQL query scripting, debugging, and execution.
* Ability to audit and optimize existing SQL queries.
* 1+ years of experience working in a data-intensive organization with large-scale datasets.
* Previous internet/retail industry experience is highly desirable.
* Redshift/Bigquery or Postgres Database experience is a plus.
* Proficiency in Tableau, Looker or other data visualization tools is required.
* Proficiency in Python or other scripting language is a plus.
* Experience with version control like GIT/SVN/TFS/CodeCommit is a plus.
* Highly detail-oriented, self-motivated and takes initiative.
* Strong communication and data presentation skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication.
* Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
* We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
* BuiltIn LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work For in Los Angeles
* Comparably's 2018 Top Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
* Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
* Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company's Most Innovative Company Award
* MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
* Cool office environment and culture
* Discounted gym memberships
* Paid-to-play vacation rewards
* Discretionary unlimited vacation time
* Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
* Medical, Dental, Vision
* Flexible Spending Accounts
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.
About Leaf Group
Leaf Group (formerly Demand Media) is a diversified internet company which owns and operates consumer media and marketplace businesses.