United States of America - Maryland, Germantown
AECOM has an immediate opening for a Data Analyst in our Germantown, MD office. The successful candidate will support the Technology Solutions Department in planning, implementing and maintaining customer-specific projects related to data analysis, reporting and database management.
* Develop solutions to collect, analyze and report project-specific data using a wide range of technologies including but not limited to SQL Server, MS Access, open source database platforms and MS Office automation.
* Work and collaborate with internal and external customers to develop data management strategies for AECOM business units including Water, Environment and Transportation.
* Candidate must have experience developing data models using standard diagramming techniques and have the ability to work in conjunction with application development teams.
* Responsible for working with large and varied data sets, from multiple data sources, in order to conduct statistical analysis, generate concise reporting, and present recommendations to clients for future project deliverables.
* Assist with coordination and troubleshooting of database and software systems;
* Research and recommend new technologies that could benefit the team
* Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
* Minimum 2-4 years experience
* Demonstrated experience with relational databases including SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, open source tool sets and unstructured data
* Experience developing solutions using MS Office automation including Excel macros and pivot tables.
* Proven ability to work in a team environment. Collaborate with other data managers, developers, testers, managers and clients (internal and external).
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Position requires attention to detail and the ability to quality check all data deliverables for internal and external clients. Successful candidate must be a team player, committed to meeting team and client schedules in a fast paced environment, and able to work productively on several high profile projects at once.
* Due to the nature of the work, U.S. Citizenship or Green Card is required.
* Knowledge of Python and R for statistical computing
* Ability to work with scientists and engineers to help develop project-specific algorithms and methodologies
* Knowledge of open source data analysis tools
* Familiarity with big data and business intelligence technologies
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Information Technology
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 216697BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
AECOM is an engineering company that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to governments, businesses, and organizations.