Commonwealth Of Massachusetts
The individual will serve as a data analyst and researcher across all business units of the Operational Services Division. Working independently, or with the Performance Analytics team, the analyst will solve complex business and system issues, provide multi-dimensional solutions and assistance to the Director of Performance Analytics, and business units across the agency. The ideal candidate will conceptualize and analyze data from various sources, create a visual answer to business questions that support the operation and growth of OSD. As part of the Performance Analytics team, the ideal candidate will collaborate with other team members to conceptualize and implement optimal adoption strategies for the use of the OSD Data Repository. The successful; candidate will leverage his or her experience with data collection and analysis to create usable information that will support the ongoing operations and support strategy development using fact based, data driven metrics
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Research and analyze requests from various business units to determine the most effective way to leverage disparate data and transform the data into useful in formation that answers business questions that supports a unit need
2. Ability to use a variety of spreadsheet, data base, presentation, analytics, and business intelligence tools to create easy to use and understand reports and dashboards
3. Work effectively with Data Analytics colleagues and staff across the agency to collaboratively create easy to read and understand information that addresses business needs and problems
4. Daily interactions with the Director and staff of the Administration and Finance IT unit to collaborate, develop, and improve data reporting and business intelligence established dashboards
5. Work closely with business unit staff and senior staff of OSD to understand the functions of each unit within OSD and the business direction that each unit is heading
6. Work with business staff to perform data visualization exercises that answer the what and why questions necessary to determine the types and details of various reports and dashboards
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
* Strong organizational skills
* Can quickly summarize complex issues a resolution for senior leadership
* Proven communication abilities, both oral and written coupled with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
* Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
* Strong customer service orientation
* Proficient in MS office, MS SQL, and COTS BI tools such as Tableaus and MS Power BI
* Proven experience with business requirements analysis, elicitation, verification, and methodology development
* Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices use in the design, development of implementation of state or local software and hardware solutions, systems, or products using ITD standard project methodology
* Knowledge of the principle methods and techniques of computer systems analysis and design
* Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in organizing work processes and functions to facilitate the use of computer methods
* Ability to collaborate on creation of systematic and consistent requirements specifications in user-friendly language
* Willingness to work, irregular hours and overtime if necessary.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in electronic data processing, of which (B) at least one year must have been in work in which the major duties included computer systems analysis, or (C) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. An Associate's degree with a major in the field of data processing or computer programming may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required (A) experience.*
II. A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major in the field of data processing or computer and/or information science may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required (A) experience.*
III. A diploma for completion of a two year full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized non-degree granting business or vocational/technical school above the high school level with a major in the field of computer programming may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required (A) experience.*
IV. An official transcript from a recognized business or vocational/ technical school as evidence of completion of a program consisting of at least 650 hours of instruction in the field of computer programming may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required (A) experience.
V. Graduation from the data processing course of a recognized vocational/technical high school may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required (A) experience.
* Education toward such a degree or diploma will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
NOTE: No substitution will be allowed for the one year of the required (B) experience.
Special Requirements: None
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Commonwealth Of Massachusetts
Massachusetts Department of Public Health promotes the health and well-being of residents by ensuring access to public health and healthcare service.