DAS Engineer Intern
Boingo Wireless, the leading provider of Wireless network services, has a great opportunity for passionate networking professional to "drink from the fire-hose" of real-world DAS Networking Experience. Our DAS Intern will work with the DAS Engineering team to design, integrate, test & maintain Boingo's owned & operated DAS networks, ensuring that they perform to telco carrier & Boingo standards.
The DAS Engineer Intern plays a key role in the design & set-up of multiple projects; supporting in-house and third-party RF network design, testing & documentation.
In this role, you'll develop technical networking skills in DAS, 3G, 4G, and especially with in-building systems. You'll also gain experience in trouble-shooting, incident prioritization and, engineering teamwork in support of the entire network life-cycle.
You must be willing and able to travel throughout the greater NYC area, including Newark. This role in network support will occasionally require availability on a 24x7 basis to cover urgent break-fix troubleshooting and the ability to work with other team members across various functional boundaries.
* Assist in the design and design management of in-building multi-carrier wireless networks in airports, tunnels, stadiums, arenas, campuses, and other large venues managed by Boingo Wireless - including multicarrier CDMA, GSM, UMTS, and LTE systems.
* Support project managers with integration and testing of in-building wireless networks and ensure documentation and monitoring of the networks are completed to internal, project-specific, and wireless Carrier standards.
* Help with the coordination and delivery of technical designs, design reviews, RF testing, design documentation, etc., with Carrier technical and venue technical personnel.
* IBwave design process support for assigned projects, whether internal or through third-party vendors.
* Assist Boingo NOC, field operations managers, and carrier partner technical support staff to troubleshoot and repair network related issues within the wireless networks as a third-tier support specialist.
* Pitch in on various projects as needed.
* Enrolled in a Bachelor or Masters of Science in engineering related field.
* Interest in 3G-4G wireless protocols (e.g., GSM, EVDO, UMTS, LTE-MIMO, etc.)
* Ability to learn computer based design software.
* Capable of discussing and writing about technical subjects with diverse audiences.
* Must be capable of passing a 10-year TSA/FBI background check (for airport security badging purposes).
* Ability to sort and resolve complex technical problems.
* Ability to perform engineering computations and calculations.
* Computer proficiency with MS Office and related software.
* Ability to work on multiple priorities in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
* Ability to be a team player and/or work independently.
* Ability to take initiative and be proactive.
Nice to haves
* Familiarity with cellular network test software packages such as Ericsson TEMS or similar.
* Certification in IBwave design tool.
* Working knowledge of software documentation packages such as AutoCAD and Visio.
* Experience working in airports, stadiums, and/or arenas.
* Experience with construction processes and reading and understanding blue prints.
Our 12-week summer internship program is designed for rising juniors and seniors in college. Start dates include June 3rd and June 17th.
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as we will consider applications on a first come first review basis.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually - in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We're an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. We know that our field staff is key to our success so we work hard to stay connected as a team. We make sure our field teams are included in the things we do at HQ - from live-streaming our quarterly all-hands meetings, to our Halloween Costume contest, to March Madness, and trivia contest. We even provide gift certificates for lunch. We want you to feel a part of everything we do. In addition, Boingo offers an incredible benefits package, including health, dental vision, 401(k) match, equity, unlimited vacation, parental leave, and equity. It's no wonder we've been named among the Best Places to Work in LA for four years and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
About Boingo Wireless
Boingo Wireless is a company that operates as a service provider of wireless connectivity solutions across its managed and operated network and aggregated network for mobile devices such as laptops, smartphones, tablets, and other wireless-enabled consumer devices.