As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Partners HealthCare is transforming the way patient care is delivered through investments in data and analytics. In recent years Partners has significantly invested in data and analytic infrastructure, including an enterprise-wide clinical and administrative system, an enterprise data warehouse, big data analytic capabilities, machine learning (ML) / artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities, and building out a massive bank of genetic data to drive improvements in personalized/precision medicine. To ensure maximized value from the exponentially growing data assets, robust data management and governance must be implemented across the enterprise. Partners Data and Analytics Organization (DAO) stands at the forefront of this transformation.
The EDW Payer Data Integration team is one of multiple teams within the DAO. The Data Warehouse Manager will provide leadership and oversight to members of EDW Payer Data Integration team. The team consists of software developers who deliver ETL and database solutions and/or services for clients of the DAO. S/he will oversee day-to-day activities of the team, focusing on achieving the team's deliverables on time and within budget.
The Data Warehouse Manager will provide strong human resources management, including regular feedback, timely reviews, mentoring and career conversations for members of the EDW Payer Data Integration team. S/he is responsible for developing, engaging, and retaining high quality staff.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Manages the day-to-day activities of the EDW Payer operations focusing on 1) ensuring content updates are delivered on schedule and 2) manage the transition of projects from development to Production.
* Lead troubleshooting sessions to develop and confirm technical solutions to operational issues
* Coordinate transition of product enhancements and bug fixes from development through implementation
* Manage EDW Payer Operations calendar
* Maintain and update issue backlog resulting in a queue of upcoming projects
* Develop and revise operational standards for optimum efficiencies
* Participate in resource planning for operational and development projects
* May be required to perform project management duties
* Works with EDW Payer and DAO management to establish the team's goals and objectives, often participating in the definition of work products and timelines.
* Interact with EDW Payer and DAO management, customers, and staff on development and operational projects
* Promotes and encourages service level agreements for EDW Payer products and services
* Established good team practices to foster a collaborative, productive work environment
* Multitask on several projects of varying complexities
* Uses the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
* Performs all other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree required or relevant experience
* 5 years of related management experience; experience in healthcare a plus
* Experience delivering software products and services in a Production, data warehousing environment
* Proficient with Microsoft technical stack (SQL Server, SSIS)
* Familiarity with data warehousing/BI products, technologies, and implementations
* Experience in project management and/or service management methods
* Experience managing a software development team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Demonstrated experience as a collaborator, working across different teams/groups to achieve results
* Demonstrated commitment to delivery of high quality customer service
* Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the organization
* Experience with Agile development methodologies (a plus)
* Standard office environment with remote work option
* Responsibilities will include some 24X7 support including evening, night and weekend hours as needed.
* Responsible for a team of 6 or more staff, consultants or other temporary staff.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.