Manager, IT Project Delivery
The Project Manager oversees one or more smaller or intermediate sized projects. This position coordinates all project activities relating to the design, development and implementation of all new and existing application systems. The Project Manager along with other System Delivery management staff form a project development team who is responsible for delivery of solutions that meet or exceed our client's business objectives and expectations, on time and on budget.
* Taking ownership of projects from inception to completion
* Manage and maintain quality, interdependencies, project financial performance, project timelines and outcomes.
* Create and develop comprehensive plans for projects or systems, assuring that projects conform to tactical objectives.
* Responsible for the customer's satisfaction with IT services.
* Ensure team adherence to corporate and departmental standards and policies.
* Review and validate test scripts and plans against requirements to ensure a quality product is delivered to the customers.
* Demonstrate an acceptable level of GLI's core values.
* Acquisition of new knowledge.
* Ensure that all projects and activities comply with project methodology, change management and SOX processes as well as enforcing the use of best practices and standards throughout the project lifecycle.
* Ensure project team adherence to corporate and departmental standards and policies: review and approve project artifacts, project plans, business cases, test results, documentation, and training materials, etc.
* Responsible for overcoming difficulties associated with the project or where this is not feasible, raising those issues to upper management in a timely manner.
* Ensure accurate and timely reporting across the team including status reporting and time tracking
* Successfully implement projects according to plan and within budget.
* Provide accurate and timely progress reporting to timeline and budget
* Facilitate strong communication channels between the team and key IT and business contacts.
* Prepare project documentation as necessary, may include creation of business case and supporting financial analysis.
* Collect, interpret, analyze and confirm new, enhanced or changed requirements from the customer. Obtain customer feedback on success of projects.
* Understand the business from a strategic level. Liaison with business owners, coming up with logical solutions to meet business needs
* Analyze business requirements, propose and develop appropriate logical solutions.
* Responsible for setting and managing project budgets. Make recommendations to IT Management on purchase of tools and resources. Manage your project expenses and deliverables to estimates/project plans
* Maintaining strong working relationships exists between the rest of the IT department and customer base.
* While running projects, other team members will report to this position for day to day, project related matters.
* Verify that documentation developed or presented for review complies with current departmental procedures
* Bachelor's Degree required
* Must be able to coordinate multiple projects which involve interaction with other systems and departments.
* Requires expertise in use of modern project management techniques and tools.
* Proven experience developing detailed business plans, project plans, test plans, estimating technology project efforts.
* Technical understanding of software development in areas of legacy and web development technologies.
* General understanding of project lifecycle methodologies such as Rational Unified Process or Project Methodology Institute.
* Must be able to work with end-users to define requirements and develop high level specifications, which are assigned to staff members on the project team for further analysis and definition.
* Proven track record of motivating staff and dealing with diverse interpersonal relationships, skilled at maintaining focus of project teams to ensure meeting project objectives.
* Must be able to organize and facilitate meetings involving appropriate groups in relation to project activities.
* Minimal travel, if any