JOB TITLE: Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer
Work Location: IBM Herndon, VA Location (On-site Only - No Remote work) Relocation assistance not available at this time.
The Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer will work for the Global Chief Information Security Organization (CISO) to identify, test and deploy information security solutions to secure critical data and systems throughout the IBM corporate IT environment. This hands-on role will require Cybersecurity subject matter expertise with demonstrated communication skills for active collaboration with a variety of different technology teams both with IBM CIO and business units as well as technology partners to promote security engineering practices.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer will research emerging security trends and technologies, identify business and technical requirements, perform technical evaluation and support deployment of global security solutions through agile execution. You will also:
* Leverage Agile practices to develop or identify new concepts, tools or systems to improve the overall security posture of the organization
* Identify security requirements by evaluating business needs and technical requirements and relate them to required/desired security controls
* Research information security trends, standards and practices to identify needs for enhancing security solutions
* Participate in pilot / test new security solutions in limited deployment to evaluate and recommend for large-scale deployment
* Architect and design network DLP systems both individually and collaboratively
* Articulate problems related to the security solution being developed and requests review and guidance to minimize risks associated with the proposed solution
* Analyze problems and suggests solutions involving business, information technology, methodology, processes, tools and solution components
YOUR ABILITIES & SKILLS
* You will possess experience in both of the following areas: cloud security and network security.
* You will be a self-starter, be able to analyze complex problems, have an insatiable curiosity to learn about new technologies, shares knowledge with others and has experience working in fast-paced, Agile project environment.
* Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
* Ability to identify critical infrastructure systems with information communication technology that were designed without system security considerations.
* Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
* Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
* Knowledge of organization's enterprise information security architecture.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
* At least 3 years hands-on experience with common, enterprise grade IT and Security technologies from major vendors (IBM, Cisco, Juniper, Symantec, BlueCoat, Palo Alto, FireEye, HP, Microsoft, etc.)
* At least 3 years experience performing ongoing maintenance and operations of security technologies (e.g. DLP appliances, IDS/IPS, endpoint security, etc)
* Applied direct experience with TCP/IP networking, network services/protocols and network design principles
* Applied direct experience with Operating Systems (e.g. Linux, Unix, Windows) and Windows Services (e.g. Active Directory, LDAP, etc)
* At least 3 years hands-on experience with Network Security tools
* At least 1 year of hands-on experience with a CASB product and integrating with multiple SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS cloud environments
* 3+ years of experience in managing and supporting security services and data protection.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
* 3+ years of Data Loss Preventions or other rule-based security applications.
* At least 5 years hands-on experience with common, enterprise grade IT and Security technologies from major vendors (IBM, Cisco, Juniper, Symantec, BlueCoat, Palo Alto, Check Point etc.)
* At least 5 years of prior experience performing ongoing maintenance and operations of security technologies (e.g. DLP appliances, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Tap technologies, etc)
* At least 1 year of hands-on experience using shell scripting for automating tasks (Bash and PowerShell)
* At least 2 year of hands-on experience with a CASB product and integrating with multiple SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS cloud environment
* Certifications: SANS GIAC ( e.g. GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN), Security +, CEH, CCNA, CCSK
About Business Unit
Enjoy challenges? Big challenges? Come work for the office of the IBM CISO organization and help meet the global challenges of keeping one of the largest companies in the world secure. We're looking for enthusiastic and innovative team members to join us in our location in Herndon, VA
Your Life @ IBM
Your life at IBM
Impact. Inclusion. Infinence.
Together, these themes provide the foundation of the experiences of all IBMers, and represent the value inherent in a career with IBM.
Our work is truly life changing - from helping to cure diseases, predict weather, to cleaning oceans and beyond.
Our culture of openness, collaboration, trust, invites everyone to have a voice.
Careers are made from experiences. At IBM, those experiences can be diverse, unlimited and far-reaching so you can truly discover your true passion - without ever changing the company.
About IBM :
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* Category:Technical Specialist
* Required Education:High School Diploma/GED
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:212064BR
* Location:HERNDON, VA US