Shutterstock is seeking a seasoned Security Engineer to join our Cybersecurity Operations & Incident Management team. The ideal candidate will focus on building tools, safeguards and countermeasures to continuously enhance our security posture as the threat landscape evolves. This role will be hands on and leverage a background of demonstrated experience building security solutions to enhance security and defend against threats.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
* Test, implement, maintain and continuously improve EDR, SIEM, SEG and Vulnerability Management solutions across the organization.
* Design and enhance the organization's security footprint for infrastructure technologies (application servers, web servers, databases, APIs, etc.) and organization supporting technologies (Email Infrastructure Hardening, DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi Networks, Key Management, Password Management, etc.).
* Propose technical solutions to address security weaknesses and vulnerabilities and work with relevant stakeholders to implement them.
* Interact regularly with infrastructure and engineering teams to generate security requirements and use/test cases based on business needs.
* Monitor alerts produced by security tools ensuring appropriate response and mitigation
* Create and maintain comprehensive documentation related to Continuous Support and Incident Response
* Collaborate and develop incident response plans and table top exercises
* Perform network security monitoring, security event triage, and incident response, coordinate with other team members, management to document and report incidents
* Due to the necessary technical support duties of this position in a 24/7 operation, candidate will be part of rotating shifts and will be required to work various shifts such as weekends and/or nights/evenings
Skills and Experience:
* 5+ years of experience within information security and information technology
* Required industry security certification (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCSP, etc.)
* Good understanding of security management solutions including IDS, IPS, SIEM, Vulnerability Scanning, Denial of Service and Continued Compliance
* Scripting experience to automate deployment, investigation, monitoring and remediation
* Experience with attacks and mitigation methods, with experience working in two or more of the following: Network protocols and secure network design; Operating system internals and hardening (e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, Android); Web application and browser security; Security assessments and penetration testing; Authentication and access control; Applied cryptography and security protocols; Security monitoring and intrusion detection, Incident response and forensics; Development of security tools, automation or frameworks
* Strong organizational and project management skills
* Proven ability to develop effective partnerships with senior management and peer organizations. Must be able to explain technical concepts and problems to nontechnical senior executives effectively
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills, resourceful, responsive with strong follow through
This is an individual contributor role and will report to the Sr. Manager of Cybersecurity Operations & Incident Management.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Shutterstock is a stock photography agency providing photographs, illustrations, vectors, videos and music to businesses and individuals.