Pay Grade: 706
Salary Range: $73,051 - $89,633
Duty Days: 240
Responsible for helping to define, drive, and deliver major components of the District's Data Security strategy. Assists with defining the strategy and roadmaps for technology products, service standards, and governance routines that impact the District. Perform a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, and installations to ensure the information security framework meets district, state, and user satisfaction. Responsible for researching, engineering, testing, implementing, communicating, monitoring, and maintaining solutions supporting the District's information security policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Maintains a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing) and Local Area Networking.
* Configures and monitors Cisco Firewalls and Security appliances, Identity Services Engine, and IDS/IPS solutions for access to vital business applications.
* Generates reports and reviews logs to interpret the implications of that activity and create plans for appropriate resolution.
* Works with Information Security team to develop incident playbook and tune Security Information and Event Management (SIEM).
* Works with Information Security team and other District employees as required to remediate problems.
* Works with Senior Network Engineer to develop and implement layer two security procedures
* Manages assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
* Responds to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support.
* Participates in investigations, in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
* Manages district Public Key Infrastructure and works with other departments to ensure server and application security compliance.
* Administers systems and servers related to network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
* Keeps abreast of the latest trends, threats, and exploits relating to network security.
* Aids in enforcing information security governance and support District initiatives in these areas.
* Documents and responds to issue request assignments using district ticket system.
Personal Work Relationships
* All Fort Worth ISD employees must maintain a commitment to the District's mission, vision, and strategic goals.
* Exhibits high professionalism, standards of conduct and work ethic.
* Demonstrates high quality customer service; builds rapport/relationship with the consumer.
* Demonstrates cultural competence in interactions with others; is respectful of co-workers; communicates and acts as a team player; promotes teamwork. Responds and acts appropriately in confrontational situations.
Other Duties as Assigned
* Performs all job related duties as assigned and in accordance to the Board rules, policies and regulations. All employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Knowledge of data-centric security philosophies including data classification and rights management.
* Knowledge of information security protocols and best practices.
* Knowledge of Data Loss Prevention security controls.
* Knowledge of data encryption technology including cloud encryption.
* Knowledge of security network devices (e.g., firewalls, switches, SIEM, Antivirus, cryptography) and other security networking hardware/software tools.
* Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
* Knowledge and experience with information security controls, infrastructure and implementation techniques.
* Knowledge of change management methodologies and principles and the ability to integrate them into daily operations.
* Skill in managing complex technical projects, meeting target timelines, facilitating project meetings, authoring project documentation, issue resolution, and project resource identification.
* Skill in process design to improve overall efficiency, mitigate resource conflicts, and improve customer/client experience.
* Skill in interpersonal relationships, including using tact, patience, and courtesy.
* Skill in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
* Skill in organizational and cross-functional communications to drive data loss prevention best practices across the District.
* Skill in critical thinking; using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
* Ability to troubleshoot difficult issues that may require extensive including hardware, software, network, security issues, and even potential programming issues.
* Ability to work and coordinate with other department management and staff as part of a cross-functional project team is critical.
* Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
* Ability to use software to create spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing.
* Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
* Ability to organize and coordinate work, including maintaining attention to details and quality.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written forms.
* Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
* Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Physical & Mental Demands, Work Hazards
* Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment, including computer and peripherals.
* Posture: Prolonged sitting; moderate standing; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
* Motion: Frequent repetitive hand motions, including keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
* Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
* Environment: Works in an office setting; may require occasional irregular and/or prolonged hours, which may include night or weekend work on rare occasions.
* Attendance: Regular and punctual attendance at the worksite is required for this position.
* Mental Demands: Maintains emotional control under stress; works with frequent interruptions.
Minimum Required Qualifications
* Degree plus 5 years' in Information Security and/or related technology field; Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or related field required.
* No degree plus 9 years' in Information Security and/or related technology field
* Certification/License: Current Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security certification.
* Specific Experience:
* Must have the following experience:
* Experience in managing complex technical projects, meeting target timelines, facilitating project meetings, authoring project documentation, issue resolution, and project resource identification.
* Excellent process design capability to improve overall efficiency, mitigate resource conflicts, and improve customer/client experience.
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required