Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Security Engineer - Data Protection will work as a member of the Global CyberSecurity Architecture team whose team is focused on improving decision-making through collaboration with management, staff and customers on technology strategy, enterprise architecture, and investments in strategic technology.
* Manage the life cycle of security technologies.
* Works closely with the other technology architects to ensure that security is properly provisioned in their technology domains.
* Assist other technology architects in defining the variance processes and making variance decisions.
* Evaluates and assess risk as part of the life-cycle analysis.
* Creation and maintenance of enterprise security standards applicable to all technologies in the portfolio.
* Participates in management of customer satisfaction, best practices and benchmarking
* Assists in the evaluation of overall risk for IT systems and the data they contain and process, accounting for the people, processes, and technologies that provide security controls.
* Assists in the audit process.
* Advises leadership on Information Security issues, systems, processes, products, and services.
* Maintains oversight of the design and implementation of IT systems to ensure appropriate and effective security controls are included.
* BS in computer science with 3 years of experience OR MS in computer science
* Demonstrated ability to integrate various security & data protection technologies and controls into a cohesive architecture that sufficiently mitigates risk to the company.
* Deep technical understanding and experience with security technologies including data encryption, intrusion detection/prevention, event correlation, secure application development, etc.
* Thorough understanding of the security controls provided in common platforms and applications in the corporate environment including Unix, Linux, Windows, IBM Mainframe (zTPF, MVS), Oracle, MS SQL Server Microsoft Outlook, J2EE and .NET applications, etc.
* Familiarity with hosted and cloud services, especially Seas and Iasi services, and the related security implications and control approaches.
* Experience with applicable control frameworks and compliance mandates.
* Solid problem solving and analytical skills
* Expertise in data-protection mechanisms including an in understanding of cryptographic algorithms such as AES, 3DES, RSA, ECC, SHA etc.
* Big Data Security including Hadoop security and emerging technologies such as in-memory and NoSQL.
* Expertise in data-protection software and hardware solutions including Application, Database, and File level encryption and tokenization solutions.
* Native database protection solutions.
* Segregation of duties implementations for databases.
* Experience in best-of-breed data retention policies.
* Experience in data exfiltration techniques and detection and response tools and strategies.
* Strong experience in Threat Modeling of complex security systems.
Experience in delivering comprehensive architecture specifications for complex security
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.