Everyone knows security needs to be "baked in" to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your Cyber engineering skills to design and build secure systems for DoD? We're looking for an engineer who can create solutions for our DoD customer that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) on our project, you'll provide Cybersecurity support to the client ISSM for translating solutions into security requirements. You'll coordinate work with your team and leads to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer's IT needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you'll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You'll provide support to the lead ISSO to maintain a balance of security and mission needs for the program. This is a chance to make a difference in the security of one of the DoD's and Air Force's high visibility programs. Your technical expertise will be vital as you help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating secure practices like identifying security solutions for vulnerabilities and creating and mapping client Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs). You'll be able to broaden your skillset into areas by developing Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), creating Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation in support of information assurance accreditation, performing vulnerability management using automated systems, including the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) data feeds, and creating and submitting RMF packages using the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) and XACTA while building peace of mind in a critical infrastructure. Join our team as we improve performance of security risk assessments of systems and equipment and assisting engineers with identifying security solutions for vulnerabilities through Cybersecurity.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You'll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
* Experience with executing certification and accreditation of DoD systems
* Experience with NIST and the Risk Management Framework
* Experience with using XACTA or similar tracking systems
* TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
* BA or BS degree
* DoD 8570 IAT Level III Certification, including Security+ or CISSP
Nice If You Have:
* Experience with software interfaces and data formats, including REST, SOAP, JSON, and XML
* Experience with designing service-oriented architectures or microservices architectures
* Experience with DoD information assurance policies, directives, and STIGs
* Knowledge of NIST 800 series publications, including 800-30, 800-37, 800-53, and 800-53a
* Ability to brief technical topics to non-technical staff
* Ability to gather requirements from project teams and determine priorities
* Ability to be flexible in fast-paced, changing environments
* BA or BS degree in Information Systems, CS, or a related field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change.