The primary role of the Cybersecurity Engineer is to help develop, plan, execute and monitor the organization's information security strategy. This position will:
* Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
* Recommend and implement enhancements, improvements, and identify additional investments, to our security strategy and protocols as required.
* Establish strong business relationships with key 3rd party vendors and partners in the areas of threat identification and prevention, detection, and forensics.
* Attend key security conferences to keep current on security threats, vulnerabilities, trends, and prevention capabilities.
* Educate our associate-base on information security through awareness and training campaigns.
* Develop security response plans covering several different breach scenarios.
* Continue to develop, refine, and monitor our security preparedness methodology.
* Increase the information security knowledge, and best-practice preparedness, of our Local IT Associates.
* Enhance existing incident response methods, tools, and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
* Vulnerability Assessments: Conduct periodic scans of networks to find any vulnerability. Conduct penetration testing, simulating an attack on the system to highlight or find any weaknesses that might be exploited by a malicious party.
* Implement Security Tools: Install and use software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect the organizations' sensitive information. Assist computer users with installation or processing of new security products and procedures.
* Monitoring and Incident Response: Monitor the company networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions. Install software that helps to notify them of intrusions and watch out for irregular system behavior. Work with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) to identify anomalies, malware, exploit attempts, and other attacks. Conduct risk and impact assessments. Prepare findings reports to be reported to management.
* Protecting Company Assets: Participates in the design and implementation of technology solutions considering industry security best practices while insuring consistency in implementing company security practices. Creates, updates and maintains security procedures and guidelines. Provides 24 x 7 support as needed to address security related concerns.
* Vendor Partnership: Leverage vendor support services to maximize productivity and service levels with existing hardware, software and managed services. Establish and foster relationships with vendor staff members. Attend conferences/training as feasible.
* Compliance: Comply with all regulatory, Legal and Human Resources mandates. Provide feedback/evidence as requested during CSA and SOX testing.
* Travel: Minimal travel required. Occasional trips to seminars, training classes or business units - to help educate local IT Staff.
* Supervisory: May lead a project consisting of a matrix team. Ability to engage external service providers (non-Associates) with management approval.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline with 3-5 years of experience; or a Graduate Degree (Masters) in MIS, with 1-2 years of experience. Must have Information Security Certifications commensurate with experience, i.e., CISSP, GCFA, GCIH, CHFI, SEC+, CEH.
K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC, a subsidiary of Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc., a well-respected publicly traded company, is committed to providing an environment and programs that help our associates flourish. You can look forward to professional support and extensive benefits-including medical/dental/vision coverage, discounts on mortgages and home appliances, and a 401(k) plan. To learn more about us, visit www.khov.com/careers.
SEARCH FIRMS PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any associate at K. Hovnanian via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of K. Hovnanian. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by K. Hovnanian as a result of the referral or through other means.