First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Information Security supports the business's objectives by implementing state-of-the-art cybersecurity technologies and practices so that we are well prepared to protect the Bank's systems and data from cyberattacks and other unplanned disruptions.
See service from a higher perspective
As a Cybersecurity Analyst on the Information Security team, you'll have the opportunity to protect the Bank from intrusions such as targeted threat actors, advanced and novel malware, hacking attempts and other forms of cyberattacks. You'll develop threat intelligence; analyzing the Bank's intrusion resistance; and leading efforts to automate, integrate and aggregate the data and systems needed to make that analysis quickly and accurately.
In this role, you will independently study internet traffic data from intelligence databases and ancillary sources in support of the Bank's security goals, concerns and strategies. You'll use your understanding of internet architecture and protocols, malware, packet structure, and network vulnerabilities to proactively profile internet activity, detect patterns and trends in intrusion techniques and practices, and identify the sources of intrusions.
What you'll do as a Cybersecurity Analyst:
* Assess and track changes to the global threat landscape and assess the impact on and exposure of the Bank and its clients.
* Recommend corrective measures based on actionable intelligence.
* Provide timely and practical communications, via written reports and/or oral presentations, to management to help the organization understand and address cybersecurity threats and trends.
* Research and assess external intelligence sources and make recommendations to improve and augment the Bank's intelligence gathering efforts.
* Participate in the evaluation of tools and the creation of customized methodologies and applications.
* Serve as a subject matter expert for various internal groups on emerging threats.
* Create documentation of event or incident reports, vulnerabilities, and other technical information.
* Assist in post-event analysis of indicators of compromise and make recommendations on preventive measures.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of Engineering experience
* Relevant information security certifications (for example, CCNA or GIAC)
* A solid understanding of information security practices and methodologies; good knowledge of current malicious code practices and techniques; and a commitment to keeping current with contemporary standards, practices, procedures and methods
* Extensive networking knowledge and the ability to understand network traffic (for example, PCAP output)
* Proven analytical skills, the ability to learn and grow in a rapidly evolving environment, and outstanding attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Problem-solving skills, including the ability to determine the relevance of the data provided; identify what information is important, missing, or might be misleading or incorrect; and decide how to handle that data
* A willingness to seek additional information from other resources and to approach others on the team for additional information, creative ideas or added technical insight
* A willingness to verify information through alternative approaches, synthesizing information to determine relationships or to correlate with other incident data
* The ability to be a team player and collaborate with peers to proactively determine indicators of compromise
* The ability to work independently and make decisions and multitask effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* A commitment to providing extraordinary service
* A readiness to further the First Republic culture and values
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.