How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
This contingent position is being considered & hired for all non-management levels (G08-G10) based upon selected candidate's applicable experience.
Raytheon Blackbird Technologies is looking to hire a Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst professional who will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network.
The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner, and someone who can manage multiple efforts while meeting timelines efficiently.
This role would be located in Falls Church (Merrifield), Virginia.
Job Responsibilities will include:
* Provides insights to other team members on nuances of networking technologies, architectures, and network traffic analysis to support other analysts who do not have networking experience.
* Develops models for identifying incident-type activity, of malware or bad actors, using statistical analysis
* Develop dashboards to assist in automation and awareness for incident response
* Reviews incident logs/records mining for patterns
* Researches Internet sources and threat intelligence databases to try and find evidence in customer logs
* Explores patterns in network and system activity through log correlation using Splunk and other tools
* Investigates evidence of threats against Windows, Linux, Database, Applications, web servers, firewalls or other relevant technologies
* Ingest IOC's to assess impact to organization
* Share IOC's with internal and external teams for validation and collaboration.
* Guide junior threat analysts.
* Provide timely, accurate and relevant intelligence products to the customer to include a variety of intelligence reports, PowerPoint presentations, and various briefings.
Required Experience and Skills:
* Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance - Position of Public Trust - and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance
* Must have strong skills in cyber threat intelligence analysis and reporting, cyber defense techniques, and adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP)
* 4+ years related experience for G08 level
* 6+ years related experience for G09 level
* 8+ years related experience for G10 level
* Networking experience, with routing, switching, and analysis experience
* Statistical modeling and analysis experience to infer possible cybersecurity threats
* Experience in analysis in investigations, such as in IT, law enforcement, military intelligence, or business analytics
* Interest in learning about Windows, Linux, Database, Application, Web server, firewall, SIEM etc. log analysis
* Verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with team-members
* Must be highly motivated with the ability to self-start, prioritize, multi-task and work in a team setting
* Understanding of intelligence cycle, Cyber Kill Chain, and Diamond Model
* 6+ years of experience working as a Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
* Familiarity with common network vulnerability/penetration testing
* Experience with, Recorded Future, Tanium, Redseal, Anomali
* An understanding of log data for Sourcefire, Brightmail, Blue Coat, and Tipping Point
* Experience evaluating systems and network devices and enterprise networks for IA vulnerabilities
* Experience evaluating enterprise networks for IA/security vulnerabilities
* Splunk query-development expertise
* Experience on an Incident Response team performing Tier I/II initial incident triage.
* Excellent writing skills
Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Science or a related field. In lieu of degree, two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.
DODI 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II; CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), SFCP, GCIA, SEC +, SANS
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Public Trust Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Falls Church
VA - Merrifield
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.