What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Intelligence and Information Services (IIS) - Cyber Security & Special Missions (CSM) has an immediate opening for a Cyber Threat Hunter to support the customer team. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
Job Description - Principal Cyber Threat Analyst - G10
* Proactively drive hunting and analysis against the dataset available
* Leverage internal and external resources to research threats, vulnerabilities, and intelligence on various attackers and attack infrastructure
* Use Big Data Analytics platform to identify threats, determine root cause, scope, and severity of each and compile/report findings into a finished analytical product.
* Recommend system tuning/customization and data collection improvements to client
* Work with our Threat Intelligence and Malware solutions to identify threats, develop or recommend countermeasures, and perform advanced network and host analysis in the event of a compromise
* Work with the team to improve and expand the toolset
* Interface with customers on a daily basis to consult with them on best security practices and help them mature their security posture
* Demonstrated to advanced operational experience as a Cyber Threat Hunter
* Demonstrated to advanced experience with computer networking and operating systems
* Demonstrated to advanced experience of current threats, vulnerabilities, and attack trends
* Critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated to advanced experience working directly with customers to transfer Threat Hunting knowledge
* Possess good time management and written and oral communications skills
* Experience with some/all of: Hadoop, Apache NiFi, Kafka, Storm, Metron, Spark, Ambari, Kibana/Zeppelin, ThreatQ, FireEye Malware analysis
* Familiarity with: Netflow data, DNS logs, Proxy Logs… and many other protocols
* Security+, Network+, A+, GSEC, GIAC, CISSP, Metron User
* Minimum 8 Years, with a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics or 6 years with MS/MA in Engineering, Science or Mathematics or 2 years with PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics. Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Overseas Travel Required
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
VA - Sterling
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.