How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) Global Information Technology Division is looking for a highly motivated Cyber Technologist I to join our IT Security team. As a member of Raytheon IT Security, you will provide value-added IT network solutions support, and network security services to enable company growth, productivity, continuity, and migration planning of critical information systems.
* Collaborate with team members to design, and configure network solutions to integrate computer systems and networks
* Maintain system security while ensuring IT security compliance with company policies, external regulatory requirements, technical standards, and best business practices
* Ensure IT security compliance with company policies, external regulatory requirements, technical standards, and best business practices
* Position is involved in a wide range of issues including secure network design, secure electronic data traffic, network security, security privacy, security monitoring, and network troubleshooting
* Exposure to secure networks and a bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of work experience and schooling/certifications in lieu of degree
* Knowledge of networking protocols and network security methods (TCP/IP, DNS, network encryption, etc.)
* Communicate effectively with internal and external customers on technical matters
* Systematically troubleshoot problems to determine root cause and resolution comfortable troubleshooting layers 2 and 3, packet analysis
* This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
* Prior experience with the US Department of Defense and intelligence community
* Certifications such as:
* A current network certification (ex. Network+, any Cisco networking certification, etc.)
* GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
* Knowledge of Linux administration
* Programming or scripting experience (e.g., Perl, Python, Power shell)
Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or other related discipline or equivalent combination of work experience and schooling/certifications in lieu of degree
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
AL - Huntsville
AZ - Tucson
CO - Aurora
TX - Greenville
TX - Richardson
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.