How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
This is a Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) IT position supporting Raytheon SAS Risk Management Framework (RMF) projects and associated efforts. The Cyber Solutions Technologist reports directly to the SAS IT RMF Cyber Solutions Technology Lead. Under limited supervision, the SAS IT Cyber Solutions Technologist will partner with Information Assurance (IA), IT Program Execution, IT Architects, IT Security, and various stakeholders across the business to identify and design solutions for compliance with RMF security controls. Work products (test, evaluation, and identification of technical solutions, process, implementation guides, policy, etc.) resulting from this individual and RMF Cyber Solutions team will have significant and long-lasting impact to the organization.
SAS includes a diverse set of environments containing many air-gapped server infrastructures, peer-to-peer LANs, and multi-use standalone (MUSA) systems utilized across unclassified and classified environments. It is expected the individual has had extensive experience supporting a wide array of technologies and operating systems in unclassified and classified information systems (IS) and have detailed understanding of IT operations in classified IS. Drawing from her or his experience, the individual is responsible for addressing IT related security controls based on analysis of a broad set of complex business requirements and considerations. The candidate is expected to be self-directed, able to multi-task and prioritize work, possess excellent problem solving skills, analytical, and have strong written and verbal communication skills for both internal and external facing communication. Working on project teams and leading projects, the SAS IT Cyber Solutions Technologist is required to possess practical project management knowledge.
This position can be hired in either McKinney, TX or El Segundo, CA
* 6 years or more in system administration experience in Microsoft Windows or Linux environments supporting business critical systems on server and desktop operating systems
* Windows Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016, Windows 7, Windows 10
* RedHat Linux, SUSE
Demonstrated experience in the following is required:
* deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting core infrastructure systems and capabilities, including Active Directory management, Group Policy, DNS, Samba, NFS, CA, etc
* systems hardening
* server storage technology to include HP and NetApp
* deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting of ESXi and vCenter
* encryption and solutions as applied to media (i.e. BitLocker, LUKS)
* technical documentation (i.e. implementation guides, design documents)
* US Government guidelines such RMF, DAAPM, DFARS, ICD 503, JSIG, JFAN, NISPOM, and/or NIST 800-53
* customer interaction skills with users of all levels
* Occasional travel may be necessary
* DoDD 8570 recognized security certification
* US citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain US DoD Secret clearance are required.
* Automation and scripting (e.g. PowerShell, etc)
* Experience with DevOps, private cloud services and centralized system management (Chef, Puppet, etc.)
* Knowledge of ITIL Service Operations (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) methodologies
* Experience with risk assessment and management methodologies
* Experienced in the support security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, etc.
* Oracle support experience and knowledge
* SQL database installation and support
* Cross-platform interconnectivity (i.e. Linux/Windows)
* Advance Factory Automation
* Active CISSP certification
* Active DoD security clearance
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a STEM discipline is preferred
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent field, OR 14 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.