Cyber Security Technician
El Segundo, CA
US Citizenship Required
Are you ready to establish your career as a cyber professional?
Parsons is looking for you to become the next generation cyber professional. If you have two to three years' experience in cyber or information security and possess core competencies in the areas of security analysis, risk analysis & management (GRC), and threat & intelligence analysis, you are an ideal candidate. Documented experience in one or more of the following is desired: security administration, security auditing, network monitoring, security project management, incident response, security engineering, user awareness training, endpoint security management, intrusion detection, malware research/analysis, penetration testing, and forensics. Value is placed on hiring candidates who have recent experience in cyber and information security. Emphasis is placed on identifying and hiring candidates who possess basic skills and the potential to grow in their career through job experience and continuous learning activities, including education and training towards attaining professional certifications. Recent military cyber experience highly desired.
Experience with DoD and U.S. Government cyber policies, guidance, and directives, including FISMA requirements is highly desired. Background in NIST CSF and Risk Management Framework for Federal Systems is desired. Experience with ISO 27000/27001, 20000, 35800, COBIT, and ITIL applicable to these positions.
* 2+ years of relevant, cyber experience.
* HS diploma; BS/MS in technical or cyber field is preferred
* Prefer CISSP-ISSEP but will consider the following certifications or skills: SSCP, CCSP, CAP, CSSLP, HCISSP, BS 7799/ISO 27001 ISMS Auditor, CCNA Security, CompTIA Security+, CISA, CRISC, CISM, CGEIT.
* Fervor for the cyber security field, and deep willingness to be mentored
* Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required due to government or federal requirement.
* Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials. TS/SCI required.
Parsons is a company providing software and hardware products, technical services, and integrated solutions in the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.