CYber Security Engineer
You are a good read of people and know how to build an inspired team
You work most successfully when you surround yourself with people who you have identified and qualified as great employees. You know how to build and manage teams. You know how to put people together who will offer diversity in their person and work in order to have the highest performing team possible. And you realize that your role is ongoing as a mentor and manager. Our organization highly values the talent to identify, attract and hire talent and our organization will be receptive to your introductions and recommendations.
Parsons experience in this highly demanding field will propel your career as you work alongside seasoned network ninjas. Opportunity to advance quickly with top performance will ensure you're always being challenged and moving forward.
In this role you will provide help to safeguard the organization's computer networks and systems. Plans to carry out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks.
* Responsible for ensuring the integrity and safety of Parsons and customer data within the information system
* Responsible for evaluating and maintaining controls mandated by regulatory compliance
* Responsible for IDS, IPS, anti-malware, and SIEM tools
* Responsible for vulnerability scanning and patch management review of all systems within the information system
* Responsible for performing a security assessment on services and products to ensure risk and threat mitigation
* Responsible for handling information security incidents
* Coordinates with ISSO to ensure FEDNET policies and procedures are in line with overarching Parsons security system
* Develops and Maintains SSP, Policies, Procedures pertaining to system security
* BS with a minimum two years of professional experience
* Minimum of bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in System Engineering or related discipline or 5+ years of experience in lieu of degree.
* Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IASAE Level II Certification
* Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required due to government or federal requirement.
* U.S. citizens ONLY due to government or federal requirement.
* Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
* Secret clearance required.
If you have something to say, our company has an open-door policy
You feel comfortable approaching Senior Management when you have something that you feel is important to say. You understand that there is a certain way in how you handle the meeting and the way that you verbalize your thoughts. The adage, "it's not so much what you say, but how you say it", rings true for you. Our organization encourages our employees to reach out to others, regardless of seniority, and share ideas and opinions. Our organization operates more smoothly when our employees have constructive feedback.
Parsons has been a leader, innovator, and change agent for 75 years. Over this period, our industry has undergone continual change and we have been, and continue to be, proactive in taking advantage of the opportunities presented by change. The pace of adaptation of transformational technologies such as artificial intelligence, cloud computing, robotics, and big data analytics in our markets offers Parsons exciting opportunities to solve complex challenges for our customers in new and different ways.
Parsons is a company providing software and hardware products, technical services, and integrated solutions in the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.